'32nd scale RNoAF F-84G late 50's

So here is my first ever attempt at a '32nd scale modell. I got this kit at a substantial discount at my LHS and just had to give it a go.

my subject is an RNoAF jet from the late 50's , yet to decide the reg of the jet but it will be some FN- coded jet.

IMAG0197web.jpg

IMAG0196web.jpg

IMAG0194web.jpg

IMAG0193web.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

Nice model.Always loved the Norwegian markings.

How is the build? easy as i have two waiting in my stash!

keep up the good work and send pics of the finished brird

regards

bob

It's a suppriseingly easy build. the partsfit is exelent and only small ammounts of filler is needed. The seemline down the center of the spine and bottom is horrendues and needs to be taken care of, but really thats the only problem I had and it was an relativly easy fix

Looking gorgeous!!!

Awesome metal sine there! :thumbsup:

Tack Janne :)

the aluminium is Humbrol metalcote aluminium, the darker ones are citadel boltgun+chainmail mix. I'm gonna do some very ligt and subtle shadeing using other metallic shades but I have to be very carefull not to screw up the initial paint job.

OK so a quick update. I had to redo the entire paintjob..

I screwed up the paintjob.. oh wait a minute.. *****'n vallejo screwed it up.. so here is what happend.

I had masked off the spine and cowling in order to do the green part, Some carefull masking and a layer of Tamiya dark green I let it sit overnight to dry. Now after a good nights drying I very gentely removed the masking tape.. and the aluminium paint and primer right along with it.. I wast' really a fan of Vallejo.. now i dispise it..

Now you can imagine my suprice.. and I looked at my F-84.. about 70pst of the modell was now totally messed up, spinning me into a dimention of ****** off I've not been for quite a while..

Totally bummed out I grabed a bottle of alcohol, a pack of cotton pads and went to work removing the rest of the paint.. After rescribeling the panel lines. I found my good'ol trusting Tamiya primer, told the wife to take the dog for a long walk, I opend the window and in a brisk Norwegian spring evening (temprature down to about 2c) I reprimed the Blunderjet.. Tamiya primer and laquer thinner stinks to high heaven

The next morning I carefully smoothed out the primer and applied a new layer of Humbrol metalcote.. another night of drying.. then another 2 hours of masking the darker metal areas, new mix of darker metal.. well suffice to say.. I finally got all the paint to stick..

The F-84 is starting to look decent. I'm waiting for some decals for the nationa markings and sqadron codes, so i can get to work on that over easter. I have the rest of the decals needed in my spares box. Just a stop by my LHS to get some seatbelts (I dont have any buckles or else I'd make some from scratch..

IMAG0202.jpg

Decals starting to find their place. The lightning bolt is a little small, but I don't have proper refrances or pics to make it more accurate so I took some from the spares box and Vingtors decalsceet for '32nd F-104G

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg