Tornado- Desert Storm

Hi all, this is my 1st ever big jet.

i wanted to experiement on all the different aspects of scale modelling, ie: scratch building, after market parts, photo etching...etc.

a shout out to Francis of Hobby Focus Singapore for all the usefull tips and motivation to get into and enjoy this hobby. this model took 8 years to complete and i've made all the mistakes of cutting off more stuf than should have been, loosing parts - breaking stuff... at the end of it all..i really enjoyed it. it is a revell kit, with paragon resin and photoetching. A big thank you to Mr. Tatal Chouman who sent me a set of desert storm decals all those many years ago.

I cant wait for the 1/32 scale jaguar...hope to complete it within 1 year this time.

Thank you also to all the members of ARC forum who have been sharing their progress photo's and techniques...its been a great help.

More pics at: 23

GULFTORNADO.gif

23.gif

22.gif

21.gif

20copy.gif

12.gif

7.gif

6.gif

5.gif

1.gif

Edited by shan

Holly crap that thing is amazing. Is that your first model? My god the detail on that thing is out of sight. Great job my friend.

Thanks, it is my first 1/32 scale model. I have made some attempt many years ago, without airbrushing, without putty, no sanding, no aftermarket stuff...etc. I was really inspired by the ARC forum and Britmodeller site and wanted to try doing stuff at your levels so i tried it out, but unfortunately i faced lots of challenges. I live in Singapore and the hobby is facing its challenges as most of the model shops are closing down and we have to rely on the internet to buy stuff now. Its really sad - not like 10 years ago when the hobby had a god following. I really enjoyed this model and hope to continue on..

best wishes

shan

Dude...that is outta control. Awesome stuff...

Thanks, happy that you enjoyed it. I hope to continue on to another model and hopefully i could share some progress pic this time.

for some reason, i am having issues of uploading the pics on the same page. thats the reason i had to include a link to flickr. i need to figure out on whats the best way of loading up pics on the same page

thanks again

best wishes

shan

• 2 months later...

thanks again all, for your kind comments...gents. I tend to repost the model once i have bought the flighpath series of support equiptment and towbars...etc.... hopefully Trumpeter will release the 1/32 scale jaguar soon..i'd love to do a diorama with the 2 aircraft side by side.

• 4 months later...