painting help

HI,dont do armour usually,into space etc,but i have a passion for missiles, rockets, radar, etc as well.could anyone help with this just building a amx 13t 75 lance ss-11 vehicle,but have no idea what colouring or camo the missiles on the rack should be, anyone got any clues. also whilst im on i have just built a m247 sgt york air defence vehicle,im a bit stuck on the purpose of this vehicle,is it just aa or missile guidence.and where was it used any way thanks for looking.

003.jpg

001.jpg

I believe the York is a radar guided anti aircraft gun platform, a mobile triple A battery that is radar guided, similar to the Ruskie ZSU 24

This is partially correct. The M247 SGT York was an experimental AAA system. It was not reliable and failed miserably in testing. It was never adopted for use by the US Army or any other service.

Edited by HeavyArty

hi thanks for your and quick response,a very helpful link thanks save that for future reference.

so the sgt york was never produced then,?so its just a prototype model then or just a drawing board what if, any ref or further help would be appreciated,im a bit stuck as how to catorgorise it now cheers don.

hi arty, is that the same vehicle on your bottom shelf, it seems to have the same radar configuration,also anychance you could post a better view of your scud launcher as im building that now thanks don

Sorry, no other pics of either one. Both are long gone as casualties to prior moves.

The SGT York AA Gun was built and tested, but not accepted. 50 test vehicles were actually built, but the program was cancelled in 1985 due to it not meeting hardly any of the design perameters and having huge cost over runs.