Tamiya 1/32nd P-51D, finally finished!

Started this Pony when it first came out late in 2011, but finally finished it when I returned from deployment earlier this year. A very enjoyable, out of the box build (except for aftermarket decals). I really didn't encounter any issue and didn't need filler at all, very much a "shake the box & it's together" kind of kit ;) I used Mr. Color lacquers throughout, applied with both Iwata & Grex airbrushes, the decals are an earlier offering from Eaglecals applied using Mr. Color's decal system. Weathering is a mix of post shading/highlighting, pastel powders, and Tamiya's new panel-line washes.

Again a very enjoyable build, thanks for looking :cheers:

Mark

P51D-2.jpg

P51D-1.jpg

Big thank you gents, appreciate the feedback & comps :worship:

Collin,

I really like these panel-line accent products, yeah you could mix your own, but the pigment seems to be much more fine then the paints I've thinned in the past. It flows quite well over gloss, semi-gloss, and even flat finishes (though you still get some bleed over on flat finishes). Once dry, which takes about 5 minutes, you can easily clean up any bleed over with mineral spirits or something similar (Tamiya recommends their X20 thinner but I've used Testors airbrush thinner as well). So far I've tried both their brown & black accents, I do have the gray but haven't messed with it at this point. I'll probably try in on my ongoing Hellcat quick build.

Again a big Mahalo guys, thanks again :cheers:

Mark