F-15E of the 391st FS

Greetings,

Well, I managed to finish my 1/144th F-15E. I used Zactomodels resin update set (seats, burner cans, center pylon), and I made most of the decals myself. The intake covers are made from electrical tape. The jet depicts 90-0235 of the 391st FS at Mountain Home AFB, ID. I have a personal connection to this jet and a few times I've seen it with a light gray fuel tank on the right wing (most likely from the 390th FS--F-15Cs).

The kit went together well but I have to say it's not one of my better efforts. In any case, I'm happy it's done and I can't wait to start the other 6 F-15Es I plan to build.

DSCN4246.jpg

DSCN4247.jpg

DSCN4251.jpg

DSCN4252.jpg

DSCN4253.jpg

Looks nice John. We're our own worst critics for sure. I have a couple of these waiting in the wings. The Zacto parts are nice for sure. Any chance that tape will pull back? Do you post over here?

Edited by salvine

Thanks guys.

Brian,

Yes, I'm aware Zactoman will be at the show. He was the driving factor in me getting the model done. I really wanted to showcase his resin work as it's magnificent. I look forward to meeting you!

John

Yes, I'm aware Zactoman will be at the show. He was the driving factor in me getting the model done. I really wanted to showcase his resin work as it's magnificent.
Awesome... Thanks for going out of your way to finish it for the show. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person!

:cheers: