knows someone this deck tractor?

On a pure hunch, if it were of US manufacture I would see if a site on Bantam yields anything. Again this is pure speculation yet the firm did build short wheel-based vehicles and the GP 1/4 tn was their design. A gov t contract would not be a surprise.

Edited by Phil marchese

It's most definitely US made, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I know I've seen them before, but the old grey cells are failing me.

:D, Another hunch, could it be a Clarktor of some kind by any chance.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Massey Furgusen (sp?) Is another possible source to search. I m thinking FMC was @ capacity trying to fill amphib orders and the major auto companies all had airframe engine and vehicle orders. I m not sure if Yale or which forklift co.were around. These would be the corners I d poke. Also small delivery eg milk bread truck specialy builders who would have been transfered to war work. Hope this helps.

Yale have Germany and English Divisions but makes no mention. However its competetor Clark does mention a CT-6 AIRCRAFT TOW TRACTOR. Did find some leads but did not run them to ground. This seems like a very good place to hunt. Case also but so far all are 4 wheeled. The brand mentioned above. Seems to have been a Clark. TRADEname from how I read one site.

Edited by Phil marchese