Italeri 1/48 Tornado IDS special scheme 2007

Hi guys,

Been away from building models way too long now. Been building no less than 3 full resin and or resin conversion 1/35 AFV kits the last few weeks (at the same time). Resin/AFV burnout. SO today I decided to jump into an aircraft project, with both feet. Thought this one would be a relatively straight forward build.....wrong :blink:

Anyway got stuck in late this afternoon. Gonna enjoy this one, hoping to get her to paint asap, looking forward to that metal on black with panther scheme!!! Here's where I'm at, in a pictorial fashion :rolleyes:

boxcover.jpg

This is the kit, looks great in the box, not so easy once you start dry-fitting parts.

wheelbays.jpg

Wheel wells, big old ejection pin marks on the inside, Italeri didn't think this one through? Got one side cleaned up, grateful for that micro-chisel!

fuselagehalvescockpit.jpg

Forward fuselage halves, that central console section is a work of fiction and totally oversized, wanted something more or less OOB but my 'conscience' got the better of me :wacko:

rearpanel.jpg

After cutting out that central section I started on the rear console.

cockpitcentralsection.jpg

Cutting out that big console left quite a gap, decided to try something interesting and flesh this area out with metal foil.

cockpitcentralsection2.jpg

Starting to come together, replaced the side displays so they looked a little more to scale and at that angle as opposed to straight on?

cockpitfrontright.jpg

Busying the area up with wiring, based on reference pictures, have exagerated the wiring (quantity/size) slightly for effect.

cockpitfrontleft.jpg

Finishing off that uppermost section of the central console, will detail up this area a little more with some of the bumps and wires etc, and some mr surfacer to tie in some of the edges :thumbsup:

rearfuselage.jpg

Rear fuselage halves, what a join, a lot of tidying up needed, musta dry-fitted this a dozen times?

Thanks for looking guys,

Glen