Hamilton Airshow June 16 &17

I just bought tickets for both days! I got the photo pass combo for Sunday and the "I am the 1%" ticket for Sat. I'm going with a buddy and this is probably the one big airshow I'll attend for the next few years so I went all in. We're going to try and hit the RCAF museum in Trenton on the way home.

If you want the photo pass (lets you on the line before the riff-raff arrives so you can get shots of the aircraft, not crowds), better buy it soon, Saturday is already sold out. There's only 100 for each day.

I take it the B-24 formerly-and-once-again-known-as Diamond Lil has been scratched?

SN

as far as I know it is off the list. If they get it flying in time it will make. I am under the impression the CAF guys want to be there almost as much as we want them there. The heavy bomber formation was/is going to be a HUGE deal!!

Sean

Wish i could go to this airshow! Dont have a passport and OH doesnt issue enhanced license's so a no-go for me. Might be able able to make the geneseo air show though, and they have the lancaster listed to be there, tooo bad Fifi couldnt hang around and go down to geneseo, plus the B-24. Now THAT would be frek'n cool!

Wish i could go to this airshow! Dont have a passport and OH doesnt issue enhanced license's so a no-go for me. Might be able able to make the geneseo air show though, and they have the lancaster listed to be there, tooo bad Fifi couldnt hang around and go down to geneseo, plus the B-24. Now THAT would be frek'n cool!

As long as you drive you can get the Passport card which is only 50$.

Not sure how far away this is but sounds like a hell of a show.

Just got our Enhanced Licenses in the mail...so the trip is ON!

SN

Hope to see you there!!

We need to pick a time and place for all the ARC gang to get together!! stay tuned..I will figure something out.

Sean

Question: will there be access to the museum during the show? I'd hate to go all that way and not visit the CWH..haven't been there in five years.

SN

hmmm..based off how it was last year..the only way to get close to the museum on the actual day was if you have the ramp pass. the area by the museum is closed as it has all the flying aircraft on it. It will be open on the fri however, so you can get a sneak peak at everything.

Everything in the musueum, however, will either be flying or on static so you will get a chance to see almost all of it.

Sean

Well, I just extended our motel reservation through Sunday night, so we might swing by the museum Monday on our way home. We're heading up Friday evening, and I figure we'll attend the show on either Saturday or Sunday, whichever has better weather (the other day will be a trip down to Niagara Falls.)

SN

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome Show!!!! Pics to be posted soon.

Very well organized, only one complaint is that there were not enough food vendors. Very long lines.

Access was very good..... and above all the show was great.

I hope we see this for many years to come!!!

:cheers:

Emil

I just flew back home last night ,great trip.

I was at the show on Saturday ,perfect day to watch planes ,could not have been better.I found the show very well organized and the parking at the sod farm and school bus shuttles to and from the airport spot on !!!

It was a wonderful sight to behold and glad I was there.I was joined by my brother from Winnipeg and arrived in Mississauga to visit my sister and brother in law ,we all attended the show.Even though my sister and bro in law both work for Air Canada ,they are not really big "airplane fans"...but that changed on Saturday ,as they found the show and aircraft amazing and the sounds of those big engines a real blast !

It was funny when the whole crowd gave the Westjet plane the "WAVE" as it taxied in front of us.I wonder what the passengers though when they saw that ?

A great time was had by all ,and glad I was there !

Cheers

paul T

Had a blast! The weather was almost perfect..not too hot and a nice breeze. Unfortunately due to the position of the sun most of the aircraft were nearly backlit by the latter part of the show..but there's really nothing that can be done about that. Although getting to the show was a bit convoluted, the shuttle bus system was great and saved a ton of walking. Unfortunately we arrived on the grounds just as they were shutting down the "hot ramp" in preparation for the show, so I couldn't get close to any of the flying aircraft. Oh well..shoulda gotten up earlier. We spent yesterday and Niagara Falls, and we're about to leave Hamilton..we're stopping by the CWH Museum on the way out of town.

Here are a few of the pics I took. Mandie authorized the purchase of a new camera (because she was sick of listening to me whine about it)..my first DSLR. I shot approx. 1050..I'll get them sorted and post more once we get home.

IMG_7768a.jpg

IMG_7806a.jpg

IMG_8247a.jpg

IMG_8257a.jpg

IMG_8555a.jpg

IMG_8583a.jpg

IMG_8626a.jpg

IMG_8593a.jpg

While watching the Snowbirds I got to thinking..the first time I ever saw them was at Windsor in 1972 (also my first visit to Canada) and they were flying the same aircraft! Those planes are at least as old now as the Lancaster was then!

SN

Great pictures guys !!!

My brother is downloading pics and hi-def video for me ,pretty stoked to see that again.

I was caught off guard when the F-18 came from behind and over us :jaw-dropping:

Me and the gang were not ready for that one !

Paul T

I should have my pictures up in a day or two.

The was a blast!! a few of the aircraft couldn't make it, and one had a gear collapse on landing fri night, but the show was still outstanding. I can only imagine what the show would have been like with all the aircraft present.

The highlights for me was Matt younkins performance, the VWoC flyby and of course..FIFI!!

Stay tuned for my pictures.

Sean