Hamilton Airshow June 16 &17

SON OF A $@@$#$&*T i totally forgot about the show i wanted to drive up :explode::deadhorse1: :deadhorse1:

Great pic that warbird formation is amazin (p-51,p-40,corsair ect)

im gona go cry in a corner now

We stopped by the CWH today on our way back to Michigan. As luck would have it (well, lucky for us anyway) Fifi was still there waiting out some weather. Once the skies cleared, we went up to the observation deck and watched her shuffle off to Buffalo. Sorry about the quality of the takeoff shots..these pics are straight from the camera without any cropping or tweaking.

SN

IMG_9102.jpg

IMG_9108.jpg

IMG_9116.jpg

IMG_9151.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9189.jpg

IMG_9207.jpg

IMG_9214.jpg

I took a week of vacation and volunteered to help with the preparations for the show, and for tasks during the weekend. There is a tremendous amount of work that needs to be done, and both paid staff and volunteers put in very long hours in the weeks before, but especially the last few days. They are a tremendously dedicated and fun bunch of people, including Tony Hayes who said to say hello to everyone here at ARC. When I had time I took some photos of what goes on during the days before the show. This includes media rides, and magazine and film photo shoots. The practice day on Friday is also fun if you get a chance to attend. I also was fortunate enough to get a ride in the Lancaster, to watch the professional photographers work. The Hamilton Airshow is back!

IMGP4184.jpg

IMGP4115.jpg

IMGP4229.jpg

IMGP3967.jpg

IMGP3995.jpg

IMGP4020.jpg

IMGP3985.jpg

Edited by anotherP51nut

Yeah Baby!!!!

I hope this show expands.... Great venue!

Had a chat with John Collins with whom I work with and got an ear full for not Volunteering, Said my experience would have been helpful. Enjoyed the show as a spectator Never the less.

I share the sentiment being an airline worker.... I don't like Airliners. But these warbirds are different and amazing.

:cheers:

Emil

I'm still peeved that I was unable to go due to many previous commitments that weekend. Weather was fantastic and some great photos there boys. Thank you very much for posting. And I looked at all 200 in your post Elmo. Nice!

Next time...

Mike

I finally got around to sorting through my Hamilton pics..here are a few more of the better ones. As I said earlier, the backlighting made it hard to get good flying shots, especially of the mostly black CWH bombers.

SN

IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7941.jpg

IMG_7975.jpg

More...

The T-birds and Blues may have cornered the "fast and furious" market, but nobody does formation work like the Snowbirds. I got to thinking during the show: I first saw the Snowbirds 40 years ago, on my first visit to Canada in 1972 (I was eight) and they were flying the same airplanes! That means they're at least as old now as the Lancaster was then!

IMG_8039.jpg

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

Always a treat to see the CAF Helldiver..

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg

A very shiny "little freind"..

IMG_8427.jpg

IMG_8430.jpg

Edited by Steve N

The bomber flight was the finale of the show. Here Fifi makes her grand entrance, taxiing on the inboard engines..

IMG_8353.jpg

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_8364.jpg

..then firing up the outboards. Hearing her do full-power run-ups sends a chill down your spine..

IMG_8377.jpg

The gang's all here..

IMG_8426.jpg

"Chuckie" shows off her shiny skin. I know it's much harder to maintain, but I think a warbird looks sooooo much better in bare metal than painted silver.

IMG_8607.jpg

The CWH B-25 "Hot Jen" has her top turret again, and sports a snazzy new nose art.

IMG_8601.jpg

And of course a couple of "Beauty Shots" of the Lanc to close out the show.

Cheers!

Steve

IMG_8654.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

Edited by Steve N