scheme. Check out the link: My link

Looking over the decals and instructions, there are no stencil

or other airframe markings provided or called out for other than

the special markings? Where the stencilling markings painted over

and or removed for this (temporary)scheme? Hopefully so, it'll

save me a whole lotta decalling :thumbsup:

Cheers

Glen

most Italian Special Scheme have no stencil at all, including this one that last sevral years.

Mind silver car paint was used on this one, not natural metal or aluminium.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your input mate. Wow, car paint, is that the norm for these kind of paint schemes in the Italian Air Force? Will make life a lot easier with a Halfords just around the corner! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Glen

Also, if it lasted several years, I can do a little weathering then? :hmmm:

Edited by lprkon

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your input mate. Wow, car paint, is that the norm for these kind of paint schemes in the Italian Air Force? Will make life a lot easier with a Halfords just around the corner! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Glen

Also, if it lasted several years, I can do a little weathering then? :hmmm:

Well I'm sure they used car paint also in the RED F-16A ADF from X Gruppo at Trapani (main reason why it is impossible to match that red), then several were painted with washable wall paint! I used just laquers for my Diana 7236. I think each Squadron use the cheaper paints they can find, usually they can have it for free from a friendly car repair I guess...

Each time I have seen that Tornado it was pretty clean, a top coat of glossy clear make it easier to wash it, but I think you can add some oil stains and dirt if you like, especially on landing gears. Wish you all the best.

Well I'm sure they used car paint also in the RED F-16A ADF from X Gruppo at Trapani (main reason why it is impossible to match that red), then several were painted with washable wall paint! I used just laquers for my Diana 7236. I think each Squadron use the cheaper paints they can find, usually they can have it for free from a friendly car repair I guess...

Each time I have seen that Tornado it was pretty clean, a top coat of glossy clear make it easier to wash it, but I think you can add some oil stains and dirt if you like, especially on landing gears. Wish you all the best.

Thanks again mate, very much appreciated!

Glen