Very sad news from Eduard

This was posted over on HS, taken from the Eduard FB site:

This is a very hard task for me to write this message. And it is difficult to find some proper words. Yesterday early morning, on route to Eduard company was a small car with two our colleagues and friends aboard, Frantisek Toman and Petr Stepanek, hit by a heavy truck. Following fatal crash demolished the car and very seriously injured both men. They were transported by helicopters to hospitals. ...After some hours information came, that Frantisek passed away due to his injuries in hospital in Usti nad Labem.

Petr is still in critical condition, fighting for live in a Central military hospital in Prague.

Frantisek was the chief of the tools workshop in Eduard, being part of the team since Eduard early years (in fact he was close friend to Eduard founders already from time before the company was founded).

The event shocked everyone and stopped most of the processes in Eduard during yesterday and we are sure that it will be hard to recover. Especially for loss of a friend and a great man. Our deep sympathy comes to his family and several other friends.

Frantisek was also enthusiastic aero-club pilot and lover of historical and sport aviation and a modeler.

On the enclosed photo you may see Frantisek shortly before his ride on a historical sailplane.

Please check Info Eduard 08/2010 (pages 28-29) for a medallion related to him.

My link

My link

Petr Stepanek is Eduard main artist, most of the actual artworks used for Eduard kits box-designs came from his talent. Please check some artworks by Petr posted on this Facebook previously:

My link

My link

My link

My link

We are in hope for Petr and his recovery. The situation is serious. Please, those of you who may pray, do it, all others please join us and his family in hope and wish to Petr good luck and lot of power. He needs it!

Please understand that due to recent events the Eduard Info for April 2012 was not published yesterday as planned, but the release date was moved to next Tuesday. Thank you for your understanding.

JanZ