DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

Great scheme, great job weathering (maybe you could share your technique, since I am currently building a Tomcat):thumbsup: I am guessing you used plenty of pastels?...

Your Tomcat simply looks dirty and incredible :D

/Jesse

Hi Simone,

What can I say : I love your style, I have been abmiring every single model you have presented here on ARC, I love the aircraft you model (US Navy fighters mostly)

Happy to see one of your superb models here again on ARC.

The look real, nice build, nice paint, nice and realistic weathering : every inch of them look like the (4) feet of the real aircraft they depict.

Fantastic job - Congratulations

Eric B.

Great scheme, great job weathering (maybe you could share your technique, since I am currently building a Tomcat):thumbsup: I am guessing you used plenty of pastels?...

Your Tomcat simply looks dirty and incredible :D

/Jesse

Thanks Jesse,

my technique is always the same: very much chromatic variations!

I haven't used any pastel, all the work is done with the airbrush, just a little black smoke pigment touchs with a flat brush at the end.

In any case I have taken HD videos of the painting an weathering process, so should make a DVD soon...

Cheers, Simone.

Thanks Jesse,

my technique is always the same: very much chromatic variations!

I haven't used any pastel, all the work is done with the airbrush, just a little black smoke pigment touchs with a flat brush at the end.

In any case I have taken HD videos of the painting an weathering process, so should make a DVD soon...

Cheers, Simone.

It looks like it's been salt weathered.... It looks great, when you come out with the DVD I will buy it :woot.gif: Hopefully you make the DVD soon (I am into the painting stages of my Cat as we speak)

/Jesse

It looks like it's been salt weathered.... It looks great, when you come out with the DVD I will buy it :woot.gif: Hopefully you make the DVD soon (I am into the painting stages of my Cat as we speak)

/Jesse

Yes, there is a bit of salt too :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

The model is beautiful. The only thing that "gives it away" is the afterburner petals. They are never the same, even color front to back. I like to weather those with blue, gold and every other shade of burnt metal I can come up with.

I aspire one day to paint a model like you have done here. Your next project should be a how to DVD on your techniques.

Excellent presentation and your weathering is awesome. Since this is Critique Corner and I've done the very same thing on other builds myself, here's some suggestions:

- The orange-yellow antenna on the wing glove is a bit too bright for most applications, especially for a well-weathering bird like this. A little pastel work here to dirty them up would only take seconds.

- Tint on front of windscreen is a bit too intense. This is no big deal, but the color is way too green.

- Navigation lights on starboard side should be green, not blue. Many of these lights sometimes look blue when not lit in photographs, but on Tomcats (and on all other fighters) they are more green. Easy fix here is to paint some clear green right on to the blue, to give you that green/blue look.

- The white area behind the steps is too clean and white. More pastel work will fix this as well to replicate boot marks, etc.

- The tips of the horizontal stabilizers have yellow colored circular antennas on them. This is another easy fix with yellow paint. Pic here:

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spidle2/f-14b_162911/images/f-14b_162911_22_of_43.jpg

Again, great build and I only note the above because I've "been there and done that" myself. :thumbsup:

Edited by chuck540z3