Greetings, guys! I want to show you one more plane Polikarpov I-1. It is the first Soviet plane of own construction. In total 12 copies have been made at the end of 1926. Unfortunately, because of bad qualities on arms of them were accepted also by them and have stood on Hodynsky air station have not decayed yet. Them is limited applied at various tests. This model represents the plane which in the spring of 1927 is tested in scientific - skilled air station in Moscow. I already made one such for myself before have gone to be at war to Caucasus. Now has made one more for the friend of Moscow. In this model I considered all mistakes previous. Model I made almost year. The most part of time was borrowed with manufacturing wings. In model almost there was nothing from an initial set a Il - 400bis from "ICM". For comparison in the end has placed a photo of this plane.

I am sorry for bad English.

i1rm2.jpg

i1rm11.jpg

i1rm3.jpg

i1rm4.jpg

i1rm5.jpg

i1rm6.jpg

i1wse3.jpg

il2.jpg

Edited by Bolschoj Phantome
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings, guys. Many thanks for interest to my work. Of a set IL-400bis/I-1 from "ICM" to make model of the plane Polikarpov I-1 without significant changes it is impossible. It is possible to make the plane IL-400bis, but for this purpose it is necessary either to change dekal, or to alter the top panel of a cowl. The experimental plane IL-400bis (it IL-2) and serial fighter I-1 strongly differed. To make model I-1, it was necessary to make an insert along the basic parts of a wing, completely to make anew the back side of average parts of a wing, to make a fuselage is much more thin, to cut off its forward part, to change the form of a back extremity, to make anew an output of the valve of system of cooling, completely to alter forward and top panels of a cowl, to make anew exhaust branch pipes, to increase the cook, to alter the screw to change the form of an aperture of a cocpit to make anew details of an interior of a cocpit to make anew kiel and the stabilizer to change the form of an elevator to make anew a crutch and a crest under a fuselage to change the form of a transparent detail before a cocpit to change the form of a cover of an axis of the chassis, to change corner of installations of racks of the chassis and to pull between them of the extension. In general, without changes there were only wheels. Work last about 11 months, in parallel with model of the pre-series plane Polikarpov IL-3 from a similar set. It is more in detail described here:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_34229.html

and

http://www.airwar.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1911

There there are many photos of process of work. There it is written in Russian if something needs to be explained, with pleasure I shall help. I too soon shall show IL-3 to you, but I can not yet as I lay in hospital.

I am sorry for bad English.

Edited by Bolschoj Phantome