• 5 weeks later...

Thank You for nice comments and really happy for your appreciation.

This project is now painfully in stand-by: I'd like to add some weathering and discolouring effects on the camouflage but have some fear not to reach what I have on my mind.

So I take a little break on another subject but promise I'll come back soon on this one!

Bye

Giovanni

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 2:05 PM, Giovanni said:

The QUIZ time: its' the second time I ask...do you see anything strange?

The knowledge to answer that question is something I do not have. What I will say is the exhaust trench and deflector is a combination I've not seen before. Interesting and practical.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, Giovanni said:

The QUIZ time: its' the second time I ask...do you see anything strange? Suggestion: national markings are ok according to you???

6pCORSk.jpg

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

If you're referring to the markings on the wings then, yes. The black part of the markings should be facing "East"!

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, SBARC said:

Wow!!!  Looks perfect!!!

Thank You Steve!

Also for the possibility of using this space for sharing our works, ideas, opinions!

It's many years since I'm a big fan of ARC.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, southwestforests said:

What I will say is the exhaust trench and deflector is a combination I've not seen before. Interesting and practical.

And it isn't the fruit of my imagination...what you see is 99,9% realistic and fruit of a very deep research.

They called this structure an ODF (offen dekung fur flugzeuge).

In every NVA airbase there were many of these dispersed around.

They were almost identical eachother. This is the little one. In Laage they were bigger, probably built in a different period to content bigger airplanes like su-22. 

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, SERNAK said:

If you're referring to the markings on the wings then, yes. The black part of the markings should be facing "East"!

Actually my question was a fake one because I already had the answer if anyone had pointed out that the insigna was wrong! All started as a joke and the intentions were good...so please dont' hate me! 

Here's the reality revealed. That's the 899 in the dispersal showing the "wrong insigna":

EmzKW0k.jpg

And to conclude a comparative picture:

23emAAb.jpg

Ciao from Italy

Giovanni

40 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Impressive work over the years! But, I'm disappointed that you didn't re-scribe the entire model to scale :( (That was a sick joke)

Well Matt you have all the reasons to be disappointed! So I'm starting to fill all those engrevings with Mr Surfacer right now. I will then rescribe the whole model. Soon some updates! To be honest I was very very sad to have left the 'in progress pics' thread and went to the 'display case'. After all these efforts this is the minum I can do. Thank You for opening my eyes.

Please keep following and supporting me.

Bye

Giovanni

:woo:

Either you have done a grand job of capturing the setting

:thumbsup:

or they absolutely hired the right guy when they hired you to build the movie set.

Plugged offen dekung fur flugzeuge in to Google and as it sometimes does it is showing images of almost everything on the planet except what I am looking for.

Which makes it likely I would have never known this without your input, so, thanks! 

Ya do learn interesting stuff on here!