Giovanni,

I have the book here with me and if you want I can send you in PM the photos that are in the book of the 899 in that "box".

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, You are too gentle!

But I've already got a copy of that book.

And I can say that it is the primary font of inspiration to my Nva-Lsk works.

Do You remember this one?:

http://oldcrowforum.mastertopforum.com/wip-shelter-nva-lsk-preschen-ddr-1-144-vt222.html

I made some shadows and lights on the details yesterday evening...later will post some pics.

Now I go smoking some cigars with my huge lighter..

Cheers

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

With new EU regulations you need extra force to get any fire from those „child safe†lighters. With that size of a lighter you have to be very strong to start a Cuban cigar . . . :D

That is a very nice HAS you have there. :thumbsup2: Nice interior and I like very much the grass around it. What will you have inside it?

It seems that the ones in Germany were different. The ones I have seen on the Russian side of Tököl AFB were different with the doors not so “fine†or to be more blunt: very crude. The surface finish was terrible but I am sure it was not the looks they were after.

Best regards

Gabor

While I wonder how to correct that UGLY mig air intake... :lol: :lol: :lol:

here the picture of the details.

As usual I'm not satisfied of the result.

But I'm proud of the towing bar. I think it is really convincing!

015_mig-21_144.jpg

Thank You and have a nice week-end.

Giovanni

• 2 months later...

Hi Giovanni,

How is your project? Havent heard form you for some time.

I have to say that the tow bar is amazing in 144 scale. :thumbsup2: I have built one a few years back in 72nd scale for an article but even that was demanding.

Look forward to developments in this diorama.

Best regards

Gabor

• 1 month later...

Hi Gabor,

sorry for late reply.

This project is still going on.

Being working on a starter kart but had a lot of trouble to get the right dimensions.

Here the original and my replica:

Zzjy5Xz.jpg

fXt7agD.jpg

And to be honest I've spent a lot of time on a new model, this time a totally different subject...

it's an 1\110 Trinity House lightship vessel from Eastern Express (ex Frog, ex Revell).

Bye

Giovanni

Edited by Giovanni
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!,

after a long work the starter kart is finally at a good stage of completion.

Here are some pictures:

u1lXpJP.jpg

0I5F0aT.jpg

I've casted the main elements to be able to have some other karts in the future.

I remind you that the scale is 1/144!

Hope You enjoy

Giovanni

Edited by Giovanni
  • 1 month later...

Dear Wege,

please don't hate me!

I've added some more details to the kart but it's not already finished:

CVZ81oB.jpg

I'm a bit tired and I can't wait to start with the mig!

Cheers

Giovanni

Edited by Giovanni

Thank You Guys!

Finally the kart is complete and ready for the paint!!!

In all honesty a really challenging experience (few documentation available, small dimensions, etc.).

It had been painful to cover most of the details with the "canvass" but pushed by "historical fidelity reasons" I had no hesitations and did it!

Soon new pictures because the weekend is just started and I have some time for painting.

iPBDIXc.jpg

sKbZloc.jpg

KX7tmTA.jpg

Xg2gGYh.jpg

PEbba0C.jpg

zdfh4da.jpg

f56RVKA.jpg

Cheers :cheers:

Giovanni

Edited by Giovanni

Hmmmmm...my first thought was to "copy" your "work" in my favourite scale in 1/48 and then ...I realised it would be a failure compared to yours...anyway, I am going to play with my Legos for a while...

Hi Giovanni,

Come va? I have no words to describe your work. Well, may just one word.... UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!

By the way, I have the Dragon 1/144 F-5E, do you know any aftermarket brand that produces a detail set?

I migliori auguri.

Sernak

Hi Giovanni,

Very nice work and a very nice cart you have there. Look forward to the MiG work. Since last time I got the Eduard 144 photoetch set for the bis and it has some usuful items on it. Well it is the same set as the one for the MF and SMT but still . . . As we know the bis was a very different beast.

A friend in Poland from the Master Company made some pitots for the MiG-21 bis in 32, 48 and 72 scales, now I will have to persuade him to make it in 144 too. :) :D :) No, I dont dare to mention it to him as he would see it as a professional chalange and in the end make one. I was not sure if it could be made in 72nd, and it was beautiful. But 144 is far to small, I think.

I think I had found something for you, will try to send it over in PM.

Best regards

Gabor

Hi!

while I'm writing this, the colour on the kart is drying.

I've painted it in gloss black first.

Then I've painted the canvass in dark brown and the structure in green trying not to invade the areas whose colour should remain black.

The tyres had been lightened with some diluted brown.

I did this in the last weekend.

Today I've sprayed all in gloss transparent and performed a dirty wash.

Tomorrow will be time for the flat transparent.

And likely in the weekend for drybrushing.

Soon some pictures.

Gabor:

I got the Eduard 144 photoetch set for the bis and it has some usuful items on it

The auxiliary air intake covers came from the Eduard set. For the remaining it is almost identical to the Brengun set (Brengun did a better job on the exhaust cover).

Dear Gabor I can't wait to see what You have for me.... :woot.gif:/> :woot.gif:/>

SERNAK:

By the way, I have the Dragon 1/144 F-5E, do you know any aftermarket brand that produces a detail set?

I'm afraid as far as I know there's no available set for the f-5e. Just decals: i.e. Aztec, Starfighter, Myk design and others but now I don't remember all the brands...

zark:

Hmmmmm...my first thought was to "copy" your "work" in my favourite scale in 1/48 and then ...I realised it would be a failure compared to yours...anyway, I am going to play with my Legos for a while...

Wait to see the final result...I'm not totally sure to get a good result. Hope not to delude!

Thank You for the kind comments.

See You again soon

Giovanni

• 5 months later...

Hi!

The project is on the road again.

In the last couple of days I've been busy with additional grass, enamels and layers of flat transparent.

My aim was to mix together the elements into a more naturalistic way and I think the result is appreciable in comparison to the first pictures posted above.

TI1P4c0.jpg

Now my attention is for the eduard mig-21 bis kit.

In the meantime I've purchased many goodies to improve it.

Hope to post again soon!

Giovanni

Edited by Giovanni
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Giovanni,

Good to see that the project is on the road again. Good luck with it!

Brengun had an excellent photoetch set in 144 for the Eduard kit. Just note that the afterburner ring of the R-25 engined MiG-21 bis is different.

Best regards

Gabor

• 4 months later...

Hi all!

Hi Gabor!

The cockpit is finally ready thanks to super Brengun PE set.

2eOPgfA.jpg

Another little step onwards. Apologies for my slowliness...

Cheers

Giovanni

Edited by Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

Good to see you back on line and in production. Have to say that your work is lightyears faster than my modeling, so you dont have to apologize!

Have you seen the fantastic 144 scale vac form canopy that is available for this kit???

Best regards

Gabor