Black bomb decals....

Can anyone recomend a decal sheet that has alot of bombing mission markers on it? I need black ones in 48th scale to finish off a 1/48 B-17 I'm working on. I need 110 black bombs like theses sentimental journeys nose.

P8080848.jpg

Edited by B-17 guy

You'd be better off getting a blank piece of black decal or something that has large black decals and making a stencil to cut them yourself probably. Would be cheaper at least.

Try painting? Make a generic oval shape stencil for the bombs and pain the fins either by hand or get a different stencil like a triangle or something?

The 5 sortie grouping arrangement is very similar to the bit o lace presentation and size appears close too. RW26 is on the money. I ve done. Positve and negative approches using the allternate method on OD finishes. I think on NMF rolling against the house in terms of clean touch ups vs trace of film. Good luck either way you go.

Edited by Phil marchese

Winger, the 85 on the sheet for a bit O lace is still short of 110 that I need.

Hamm, ya no, not trying to paint them, or mask them etc. Trying to do that 55 times per side is a bit more than I'm capable of. I'd screw that up too easily. This isnt the squadron code lettering on the side of the fuselage.

I'm trying to finish off Sentimental Journey and I need 55 a side, 110 total.

Edited by B-17 guy

Hamm, ya no, not trying to paint them, or mask them etc. Trying to do that 55 times per side is a bit more than I'm capable of. I'd screw that up too easily. This isnt the squadron code lettering on the side of the fuselage.

I'm trying to finish off Sentimental Journey and I need 55 a side, 110 total.

Custom decals are your friend.

I honestly think the two pronged stencil attack would be feasible. Time consuming but shouldn't be too hard. Hell you could even make your own 5 group stencil and then just keep repeat painting it along the fuselage. (This is what I'd do)

Get some thin styrene and cut out the bomb markings yourself. They're fairly generic. Just do a grouping of 5 then repeat until you get what you need. Again time consuming but paint is going to look better than anything anyway.

I was thinking that would give you a good start, then you could cobble the rest in from leftovers if you have any. I think I have some I could donate to your cause from various kits that I didn't use.

I'll get it figured out. I made the decals for fuddy and sentimental, with red bombs for fuddy. I'm gonna go and modify what I originaly did and make half of the bombs black and print a new sheet.

I m not experienced with home. Prited decals yet it seems sacrificing a portion of what you have to produce more might be an option someone can assist in. Guessing.

Actually, that's a good idea! Take what I have left and copy them, repruduce the image and print onto decal paper! Thanks Phil!