Built this kit OOB to represent Indian Army BMP-1 served in the north western borders of India. Used Tamiya acrylics, oil paints for weathering and white glue and play sand to create desert diorama..Any suggestions , criticism welcome.

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7442.jpg

IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

Thanks

Vivek

Not bad overall, the biggest issue I see is the track. It is too slack and needs to be tightened up. Where it hangs in the back should be a lot straighter between the road wheel and idler wheel.

BMP-1_Iraq_4.JPEG

I don't recall how the kit is but if it is individual track you can remove probably two or three links. If it is rubber band, you can trim it a few pads and re tack it underneath the front armor plating where it would be hidden.

Not bad overall, the biggest issue I see is the track. It is too slack and needs to be tightened up. Where it hangs in the back should be a lot straighter between the road wheel and idler wheel.

BMP-1_Iraq_4.JPEG

I don't recall how the kit is but if it is individual track you can remove probably two or three links. If it is rubber band, you can trim it a few pads and re tack it underneath the front armor plating where it would be hidden.

Thanks for the suggestion. The tracks were individual links and it was a nightmare putting them together. I will see if I can take some links off to make it tight.