C-141 injection kit in 1/144 someday?....please?

I emailed Trumpeter asking them about the hope of a 1/144 C-141A or B, wonder what they will say??? I'm just not ready to drop a hundred bucks on the Anigrand kit even though they seem to give some nice bonus kits with them. Maybe we should do a petition to show the amount of interest in the kit to see if it would get some consideration. Even in 1/72 for the 1/72 guys.

Edited by kg4kpg

I contacted ROG right after the C-17A release and I got shot down......I am there with you brother. My dad flew the C-141A and it is one of my favorites. Sad to see the hulks being cut up at DM.....

Considering we haven't even seen Minicraft's C-135s yet (three years of vaporware at last check), I don't think I would hold my breath on that either.

I would say the chances of a new tool 1/144 C-5 might be a little higher, given the continued demand of the Otaki molded kits, but I don't see any company rushing to do that anytime soon and a C-5 I would say is more popular than a C-141.

So, I would say get the Dragon kit (which is actually pretty good all things considered) and learn to like 1/200 or try and find one of the ancient Aurora 1/125(ish) C-141A kits because otherwise you'll likely be waiting a long time.

Any idea on how well the ROG C-17A sold? If sales were poor, hard to see a company shell out the cost to make the C-5 or C-141 in this market.

Perhaps it was a good seller since it has been beboxed and the the A400 has been released (in 1/72 mind you).

Indeed it was a good enough seller to have a second boxing with Qatar markings in it. But, another option offered in the second boxing was for an RAF C-17. The A-400 is also something used by European air forces. Plus Airbus doesn't tend to charge royalties for things, unlike Lockheed.

FWIW, Dragon has produced quite a few fighters in 1/144, so I'd say there's hope. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but eventually.

As I always like to say, build what you have now and some day you may be surprised by a new release.

FWIW, Dragon has produced quite a few fighters in 1/144, so I'd say there's hope. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but eventually.

As I always like to say, build what you have now and some day you may be surprised by a new release.

Considering that Dragon just reissued their 1/200 C-141, I would say chances of them doing a new tool 1/144 C-141 are slim and none now. Besides, they seem to be sticking to 1/200 for their larger planes (Vulcan, XB-70, YB-49).

I'm not entirely sure when the last time Dragon actually made a new tooled 1/144 fighter kit. Most of the ones I've seen lately are just two kit boxings of some of their older kits.

Well, "fighter" is a relative term but Dragon has done plenty of 1/144 models of single seater planes. They have 1/144 kits of the X-15, X-1, X-1A and I believe soon an X-1E (they have one in the pre-built line already). The pre-built line provides additional clues as to what appears to be coming out as they have an SR-71 and a U-2R announced (both very welcome). Going true to previous Dragon offerings over the past two years, an unbuilt kit version typically follows about three to six months after the pre-build does.