Tamiya 1/48th IL-2 Shturmovik

New tool, or re-pop of the Accurate Miniatures kit for the Japanese market? I think Italeri currently has the AM molds, and Tamiya has reboxed a number of Italeri kits in the past.

SN

While I'd love a new tool also until we get word from Tamiya that it is a new tool I'll have to take a wait and see....like Steve said, Italeri owns the A/M molds and there is a good chance it could be that, maybe with a new wing which would make it a "new" tool in the Japanese market.

While I'd love a new tool also until we get word from Tamiya that it is a new tool I'll have to take a wait and see....like Steve said, Italeri owns the A/M molds and there is a good chance it could be that, maybe with a new wing which would make it a "new" tool in the Japanese market.

It doesn't looks like AM repop, Il-2 from AM has wrong spinner, the one at the photos has correct spinner.

Sergey.

This is why I don't gamble or predict what Tamiya's next release will be. I certainly did not expect this. Just goes to prove that Tamiya does what Tamiya does when they want to do it. But seriously who would have ever predicted that 1:48 scale modelers would ever be able to choose between two high quality injected molded kits of a shturmovik?

I'm perfectly happy with the three A.M. kits I bought at Hobby Lobby using my 40% off cupons. I see little improvment except for the props, and for what Tamiya will "overcharge" for thier kit I can buy another two or three more A.M. kits. They should have done the YAK 9 instead. A high tech Yak would have been a killer in today's market

gary

I 'm not surprised. A new Il-2m3 was announcement on czech model forum a two months ago, but in biggest scale. (1/32). Rumors says this model was inspired by Il-2m3 from Kbely (Prague) military museum... BTW, Il-2 a really legend, a 37 000 was made and it is a symbol of VVS in WW-II (and victory over nacizm too). When i was a little boy (early eighties) was for me a symbol of WW 2 a pair of Sturmoviks over Berlin (With white flashes on the frame...). It is a very important airplane and Accurate have a pair mistakes, i hope a Tamiya was perfect... But - i need a 1/32 ! (Yes, i know, HobbyBoss made it, but Tamiya is Tamiya.) I must got a two Il-2m (One in soviet and one in czechoslovakian marking.) Maybe - wing bomb bays was open ?

Accurate 1/48 Spitfire IXc or Sturmovik..... .??

And they chose the Sturmovik?? Seriously?

Yea, I kinda agree. Your Spit is one of several good suggestions. I think there maybe other, more market-appropriate Soviet possibilities, too. IL-2s are awesome, but...is the AM kit really that terrible or unsalvageable? Given that Tamiya's gonna want $80+ USD...well, anyway, good luck with it, Tamiya.

Edited by Fishwelding

With the serial whining over the intertubes that 48th both dead and had been forsaken by Tamiya, I had come to hoping that it were true. Apparently not.

Sigh...

Additional frequent cliches are:

- "Tamiya is catering to Japanese market only"

- "Tamiya-san does what Tamiya-san wants" (airplane kits i.e.).

I've been reading these "expert statements" for many, many years, no serious ground-such as statistics, industry articles, official reviews... has ever been presented. You're in Japan, could you deliberate on it?

Thanks,

Mario

in NYC

Hopefully I can pick up a 1/48 Accurate miniatures kit cheap somewhere as people may dump them on the market!

I like the one with skis!! The prop and hub can (and will) be redone, and your still gonna have enough cash left to by a case of beer. Had they done a Yak 9, I think the reception would have been stellar.

gary

Over the last couple of years I have picked up two AM on eBay for under $20 each. I'm set on that model. It is way good enough for me. Nice airplane, yes do I want to build one, yes Am I going to spend $80 for a new one that has a nicer spinner than the AC kit? Do I really have to answer that question in a civil tong? :deadhorse1: