Tamiya 1/35 M-26 Pershing

Just finished this kit today, an excellent kit and worth every penny IMHO. I added only the fender reinforcements from the Eduard set. The rest is OOB. I base painted it with Tamiya black, then successively lightened shades of Tamiya Olive Drab and Dark Yellow. An oil wash with some drybrushing, followed by some oversprays of Tamiya earth tones. I look forward to any feedback and constructive criticism, especially in regards to the paint and weathering. I like the Tamiya OD lightened a bit with their dark yellow, seems a pretty close representation of the real paint. Thanks for looking!

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

I would also like to thank David (drhornii) from here on ARC for answering the call and helping me out with my missing 50 cal gun (lost to the carpet monster)- thanks SOOO much my friend!

WOW! That's a real piece of art there. GREAT JOB Frank! Like the fuel spill around the inlet in the bottom-center of last pic. Are those dented front fenders?!?! jaw-dropping.gif

How'd you do that?

Many thanks everyone for stopping in and leaving a comment, much appreciated!

Brian- Yes, I spent a bit of time on those fenders. I used a dremel (sort of) to thin the plastic to paper-like thickness, then used my fingernail and a toothpick to distort them. I am pleased with how they turned out!

• 2 months later...

I don't know if any of you all have watched the Greatest Tank Battles on the Military Channel, but if you have, then you saw the interview with Bob Dillon. He was on an M26 in the First CAV, and it was his platoon that is credited with breaking out of the "pocket." Building his tank right now (actually two of them), and Bob is the judge! I started with Dragon kits, and so far he's had me make a few changes here and there (nothing dramatic!) Your build is very similar to his with the exception of the gun cradle. He'd like it Frank! Bob is a wealth of information, and he seriously takes it into deep depth.

gary

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent build Frank, your weathering is great not too much but enough. I have one small critique, the spare tracks are a bit too Red. I think a bit more Orange and Umber in the colour would have made it perfect!

Geoff

Edited by jugjunkie