OV-102 Shuttle stack 1/72

Todays Progress. (am having my daughter here, so Things move slowly.)

Nothing worth spending Pictures on.

done some putty job on the SRB's, (The Squadron White is good, easy to Work and to sand.) [Thank's to Dutycat for pointing me in that direction.]

And Again working on the SILTS, looking better now. Thanks Guys.

The hinges on the orbiter for the cargo bay doors also took a strike today. They are history.

The Plastic Weld cement has been tested on a different kit (EU Truck i use to test some new stuff and techniques on, Airbrush, glue, weathering etc...)

Can just say wow. Had i just started with this for years ago, there would have been holes in the floor, instead of destroyed plastic model kits tripped of the shelf!!!

And i reseved my instructions on the Accurate Model Parts Space Shuttle STS Flight Deck Windows

And i have no regrets throwing silly Money at them...

They are everything we have been looking for.

98% accurate, up to scale, more realistic and just plain simple styrene strips with cut-outs and some clear plastic as Windows.

Must be a genious WHO came up with this idea.

This i think everybody WHO did a styrene strip job and Dutycat for that matter, will not dissagre on.

For some time ago, i saw one of you WHO was making some decals for the 1/72 Shuttle and stack.

That goes also for the SRB's "Loaded" markings etc, what became of those?

Rene'

PS.

Just been studying those SILTS Pictures intense today, together with some HQ Pictures of some tiles.

And those WHO postulate that the orbiter's surface is smooth as a baby's behind. Are wrong.

But it is amazing that mach 7 speeds and hotter than hell temperatures, didn't peel every single one of these tiles off.

That the tiles and surface materials could even stay on it for that trip. One of the Wonders in this World....

Edited by x3mperformance

Not sure if these are the ones you may be thinking of but I started some shuttle decals quite a while back. I've done a little more work on them since this, but not a lot. I had hopes of finding someone who would be interested in screen printing them but no luck as of now. BUT if you have some good decal paper and a good desktop printer you can get some fairly good results with these.

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=232748&st=80

towards the bottom of the post.

Again, this is an early version of them, things have been added and changed etc...

Bill

Not sure if these are the ones you may be thinking of but I started some shuttle decals quite a while back. I've done a little more work on them since this, but not a lot. I had hopes of finding someone who would be interested in screen printing them but no luck as of now. BUT if you have some good decal paper and a good desktop printer you can get some fairly good results with these.

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=232748&st=80

towards the bottom of the post.

Again, this is an early version of them, things have been added and changed etc...

Bill

Yep. Spot on.

And thanks Bill.

Will the Picture reprecent them in 1:1 ? (1/72 scale.)

Rene'

• 5 years later...

Hi folks.
I se a lot of unfinished business, in this forum.
Oh yes, mine too.

But i hope yor in for at explanation on what ended here , how and why.
First off.
2013 ended like this, at the december 23.. See photo.
I got a broken shin bone, as i was extreamely lucky.
I broke to pine trees with that shinbone, and it's now heldt together with a titanium rod.
The impact was so hard that my shues was stuck under the accelerator pedal, forced off my feet while impacted.
But it keept me grounded for almost 1/2 a year.
I did however set a new record, with 21 parachute jumps with a proven broken bone.
So weird Guiness book of records don't want to put it in the book.
This took out a lot of my build time.

I'll continue below.

13615191_170850086663031_122499524183534835_n.jpg

Edited by x3mperformance

Then fast forward to 2015, after a job change, and moved to a new location.
All i know of, beloning in my life, endeed the night of Jan 15, 2015.
I recived a call at 4 o'clock at night, from the police, if i wa ok, and where i was.
No need to worry, do not rush home, since theres no home to rush too. 😮

But my house was burnt to the ground.
I lost all, had only a suitcase with close for a week, my laptop, my phone and my car.
All other was lost.

And about a year later, i was collecting all the stuff i needed to complete this build, a new Monogram kit, new airbrush, new compressor, new paint, etc. etc.
I lost it all again.
This time to a eviction, from an apartment that went horrorble wrong, owner locked me out, and i did'nt get acces to my belongings.

Now you know what happend to this build.
Sorry to have dissapointed some of you.
And i'm especially sad, about the loss of Gil. "Dutycat." Gregg.
Gil, you are remembered, and i will join you in space some day. 

Ho - Lee - Schmitt! That was a stretch of bad luck enough for three lifetimes!

And you're right, a lot of stalled builds here, including 2 Shuttles of mine. Photobucket screwed all of us users a year or two ago and having to find another place to put our pix, well, a lot of the modellers here and all over ARC, just didn't bother posting anymore. It seems Facebook has a lot of builds going on and ... and it's easier to post pix there ... so there's been quite a downturn in participation to these forums.

So don't worry about your build.

And yeah, I miss Dutycat and his wonderful participation on this Forum too.

So, as of now, are you back on your feet? This had to have had a huge effect on your attitude too ... but it seems like you've got thru this mess alright ... I sure hope so!

Thanx for sharing all these experiences with us! Man, what a crappy stretch!

Pete

37 minutes ago, K2Pete said:

Ho - Lee - Schmitt! That was a stretch of bad luck enough for three lifetimes!

And you're right, a lot of stalled builds here, including 2 Shuttles of mine. Photobucket screwed all of us users a year or two ago and having to find another place to put our pix, well, a lot of the modellers here and all over ARC, just didn't bother posting anymore. It seems Facebook has a lot of builds going on and ... and it's easier to post pix there ... so there's been quite a downturn in participation to these forums.

So don't worry about your build.

And yeah, I miss Dutycat and his wonderful participation on this Forum too.

So, as of now, are you back on your feet? This had to have had a huge effect on your attitude too ... but it seems like you've got thru this mess alright ... I sure hope so!

Thanx for sharing all these experiences with us! Man, what a crappy stretch!

Pete

Ahh, yes, i'm coming out on top again.
Stil collecting plastic, but the air is out of my brush, for some time.
Down to brushes and spraycans.
But i'm still gonna make a shuttle stack.

And yes, FB is taking the social life away from people.
Here you were social with people with same interest as one self.
On your FB profile, you (mostly) post shoot, all your friends find boring, un-interesting and weird.

But.
I'll be back.

And it's nice to se your work.
I am still puzzled, every time i go through your builds.
I am huble.