Austrian Air Force Blackhawks

I'm looking for a good Austrian Blackhawk walkarounds, interior, exterior, details (snow skids, hoist, minigun?)... I had them but unfortunately I lost them through the years of not working on it :bandhead2: If any are found a link to site would do great, but anyway here is my email: blenderpilot(at)gmail.com

Does Austrian Blackhawk have an minigun or are those installed only on pavehawks?

Thank you guys,

Cheers, Jure

• 3 weeks later...

From the pics at the above link, those are M240D doorguns.

bild03311.jpg

I haven't found any M240D (with spade grips) out there in 1/35 though. However, you can take M240Gs and make them into D's. The Dragon Modern Machine Gun set includes 2 M240Gs, listed as L7A2 (their European designation). Dragon's Modern Marines (OEF/OIF) also includes an M240G. Any M1 Abrams also has the M240G as the loader's MG too. I'm sure there are others out there too, but I can't think of any at the moment.

All you have to do is cut off the buttstock and pistol grip, leave off the front bipod, and add a spade grip from either an M60D or an M2 .50 cal. Add a couple pieces of flat styrene for the mount from the spade to the trigger, and you are set.

M240D

M240D.jpg

M240G

fn_mag_g.jpg

The color looks like standard US Army Helo Drab Green to me. It is avilable from Testors Model Master in both their acrylic and enamel lines.

Here is a comparison between the Testors Model Master Helo Drabs (FS34031). On the left is a UH-60L I did a few years ago in Enamel Helo Drab (#2024), on the right is a recent UH-60A MedEvac painted with the Acrylic Helo Drab (#4723). You can see how the enamel is more gray and not as green.

I think the enamel color looks more like a weathered and faded, older paint. The acrylic color looks more like a newer, less used and abused helo.

IMG_0122.jpg

Hope that helps.

Edited by HeavyArty

Holly crap, that is a lot of difference in color. I'll be using Tamiya but in any case I can't find Tamiya's or Vallejo substitute for FS34031.

Thank you for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a spare AH-60L Blackhawk DAP's nose radar? I think its the same as on the Austrian black hawk's only its sitting slightly higher on the nose.

If anyone got that radar dome to spare please PM me.

• 2 months later...

Another question for sykorsky gurus;

Are there any obvious differances between UH-60L (my model candidate) and S-70A-42 (Austrian airforce version)?

S-70A is export version designation, but am I wrong in learning its practically a UH-60L?

Edited by Phoinix

Another question for sykorsky gurus;

Are there any obvious differances between UH-60L (my model candidate) and S-70A-42 (Austrian airforce version)?

S-70A is export version designation, but am I wrong in learning its practically a UH-60L?

Yup, it is the Austrian-specific export version; equivelant to a US Army UH-60L.

• 1 month later...

I ran into a huge problem. The cockpit of Austrian Hawks is 4 main displays glass cockpit, with modern pedestal. The one with L version or even Pave Hawks cockpit is ancient compared to this one. Are there any modification kits out there?

• 1 month later...