Australian Army Centurion (Vietnam)

Hi everyone

Here is AFV Club's 1/35 Centurion (Vietnam Version) that I started a few couple weeks ago. It's a great kit with good fitting parts (so far) and I'm really enjoying building it.

I'm planning to make it into a diorama and it will be a gift for my father who is a Vietnam Veteran.

It will mainly be built OOB with the exception of a vinyl mantlet cover and decals. This will be my first armour build so I would appreciate any tips along the way.

Cheers

Greg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

well I have not built mine yet but most other web sites say that its tough stretching the cover over the mantle need lots of crazy glue. Also it may be tough assembling the road wheels more Crazy glue. Other wise its the best Cent in town. I have 4 in the stash.

TC

Hi everyone

Weathering is done and I have fitted the mantlet cover, spot light, tow cables and tracks.

All that's left is a few touch-ups, some more stowage items (once I get hold of them) and the base, which I plan to make from modelling clay and fake grass etc.

I would also like to make a cover for the spot light, so if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could make it out of I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Greg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg