Hi all mates this is my last model, the first of three that I planned and started.

Sorry for the bad pics,I hope to take better shot when I'll finish the display base.

shahak0581024x768.jpg"]Here[/url] the WIP.

Thanks for looking.

Gianni

shahak0431024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

shahak0461024x768.jpg[/url][/[/img]

shahak0501024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

shahak0491024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

shahak0711024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

shahak0581024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

Thanks a lot guys!

How did you find the AML kit, any problems?

Cheers, Ian

Oh my friend, YES! Probably lack of experience with shortrun model,skill,some kit shortcomings and a little of bad luck made these builds very frustrating... but I love the Mirage and the IAF ones in particular and the kit choice is so limited! But I hope that HPM news help to fill this unexplained model gap

Cheers,Gianni

Thanks Gianni :thumbsup:

Just found your `in-progress` thread, real nice work, Shahaks looks very nice indeed.

I think AML is the best choice in 1/72 scale and I`m interested in your observations, thanks again.

Cheers, Ian

Glad to be useful Ian!

Now I'm waitimg the new HPM Nesher,when arrive I can compare with the AML. Another cheap option is the old Heller but it have raised panel lines, almost no cokpit or gear bay details ( but Pavla produced a good pit/nosewheel bay detail set ) and to realizea IIICJ you have to cut 5mm of the forward fuselage at the air intake level but if you see my WIP then you already know!

:wave: Gianni

• 1 month later...

Good day all my friend and many thanks for your word Dragan!

I'm glad to post my actual progress;

the recon bird is virtually finished,I've only add the canopy and the belly tank.

mirage0191024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

mirage0201024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

mirage0161024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

One of the goal in this model that I like is the camera lens and I want to show the process by which I got it:

First I painted in light grey the camera background...

mirage0011024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

...subsequently with the help of the punch & die obtained two dish,one from a photographic negative and the other from a confetti sheet for which I am still grateful to geedubelyer...

mirage0021024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

...next step was gluing with the Future the confetti dish first and the negative one after...

mirage0041024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

mirage0081024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

...finally,I find an Hase'F-14 HUD projector lens in the spare box; glued in place .

mirage0101024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

Also ,I've prepared a pair of figure and various accessories for the display base.

mirage0131024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all for now, but I've near finished and hope to post the entire models as soon is possible.

Thanks for looking,

Gianni.

I like the base!

Hehe, my mirage? it's just a boring one from South Africa...

Cheers

Mikkel

Thanks mate!

Mmmmh, I don't think that the SAAF Mirage are boring; is one in the old or new camo scheme?

Gianni