F-84 G Thunderjet RNoAF 331 sqd

So I'm done with this one.Although I'm contemplating adding some very light weathering on the weels and gunports.

This is the Hobbyboss kit, built OOB exept for some PE seatbelts. The decals are some from the kit, some custom made and some from Vingtor (www.vingtor.net).

The kit is fine and the build is relativly painless. Minor amounts of putty is needed and the fit is generally very good indeed .

A little on the jet, the RNoAF receved a number of these -84's in the early 50's the first 6 was E modells , the rest was G's. They equiped the RNoAF untill they was replaced by the F-86E/F in the late 50's early 60's. My jet FN-2 was from 331 sqd based in Bodoe,Northen Norway , two sqadrons was based here (331 and 334 sqd).

Anyhow, some pics of this beauty.

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice looking model but your blue "z" shaped decal on the side of the fuselage. On one side you got it starting high and goes low but on the other side it starts low and goes high?

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

Steven L :unsure:

Yea I know, that's the one thing I really messed up on this one

Got me some custom made decals for the Thunderjet-kit. It will be from the 336 squadron RNOAF. Really looking forward to begin the build. :-)

Edited by RoNaf

Yea I made a '48th scale one from 336th about 10 years ago, it's in the galleries here. This jet is in '32nd so I had to paint most of the markings exept for the stenceling, codeletters/numbers and roundells. (a '32nd sceet is avaleble from www.vingtor.net)