Build #7 Revell 1/32 P-51 B

Ok, hope yall arent tired of me yet.

With my 1/24 Galloping Ghost nearly done, and awaiting more info on my Mantz and Tsunami Racer (but fairly confident they will be done by the deadline) yup, another fictional build.

I really dont know what my fascination is with coming up with my own ideas....excessive creative energy I guess...ya we will call it that. But I had another brain storm last night while taking a bit of a break from the work bench after my Spitfire build.

I want to do this Revell B model up with a sort-of off the wall paint job. Basically an O-6 retiree celebrating his career during "The Big One" purchases a surplus B model and dolls it up and announces to the world "yup I made "Full Bird" Colonel during my career!"

I opted for this back story instead of my original story where the Squadron Commander took some severe liberties with R.H.I.P. and created his own "personal hack".

Here is the proverbial Revell B model kit, havent decided yet if I will divulge the sketch of the paint/markings as of yet....

IMAG0856.jpg

Well the weekend is here :D .

Got some done during the week, assembled the fuselage and all its innards.

Also positioned the elevators down and added the dorsal fin.

Thus far tonight, modified the flaps and assembled them also in the lowered position.

IMAG0891.jpg

IMAG0888-1.jpg

:D :D :D

OK, we'll get a few build pics out of the way...

IMAG0894.jpg

IMAG0899.jpg

IMAG0903.jpg

IMAG0909.jpg

...and the all done pics

IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0917.jpg

IMAG0925.jpg

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

IMAG0928.jpg

Well another one that I had a total blast thrashing together. I know I made much of the paint, and its probably fairly boring considering all the possibilities. But I really really like it!!! Its exactly what I envisioned. I toyed with various stripes, nose treatments, tail treatments, (as I was afraid my original idea would be too plain) they all ended up very modern and circus-like. So I ended up returning to my original sketch. The Insignia Blue looks really good, though I have to admit a bit Navyish, but I think the wing striping took care of that. This is quickly becoming my favorite model that I have built in the last 6 months, since taking up building P-51's. And I now have a huge soft spot for the "razorbacked" Mustangs. Thanks for all the looks and the great Group Build!!!!

Hello xmh53wrench..

I LOVE it...The interesting scheme is impressive and the 'what if' inventive build is EXCELLENT..

I think you did a FANTASTIC job of the finish.

Colonel BIG BIRD is EXQUISITE to look at..NICE JOB. :worship::worship::worship: