Tamiya Mosquito NF 48 scale

First WIP in awhile that has been posted. The first thing I must ask is if anyone has some good pics of the cockpit because I can find any of the Night Fighter. The cockpit isn't glued in. It is there as a test fit.

thanks,

Wayne Beattie

DSCF2093.jpg

DSCF2095.jpg

I am going to using the kit decals. Those are the only ones I have. It is going to be painted grey/green with black bottom. Weathering the black should be fun. the unit according to the instructions are the Fighter Interception Unit. I would have liked to do the other markings which is 409 Sq. but from what I can see the nose is wrong for that particular plane. I may be wrong, if someone could help me. HK425 had what type of nose?

Edited by Quiddy

I am going to using the kit decals. Those are the only ones I have. It is going to be painted grey/green with black bottom. Weathering the black should be fun. the unit according to the instructions are the Fighter Interception Unit. I would have liked to do the other markings which is 409 Sq. but from what I can see the nose is wrong for that particular plane. I may be wrong, if someone could help me. HK425 had what type of nose?

Quiddy,

I came across this article on a build of HK425 years after I had built my version, incorrectly - it may be of some use to you as a reference.

HK425 Mossie

Still have one of these Mosquitos in the stash so I'll be interested to follow along here.

Cheers,

David

The markings in the kit are HK415 KP*R, there is a picture of it in the Osprey book Mosquito Fighter/Fighter-Bomber units of WW2, but it is from one side and the engine nacelle is covering the nose so you can't really see what type of nose it has.

I have those decals for Lonesome Polecat but is has the wrong nose compared to the kit.

Edited by Quiddy

Hey Wayne, Do you have this entered in the SMA Contest as well?

No Charlie, I started this back in January or February when I really thought I could get 4 kits done for Shearwater. Oh foolish me. Now it will get done for CAMS. I plan on doing the Beaufighter for SMA.

I have the fuselage all done up and one wing finished, working on the other wing. The fit is good enough that I could slip everything together to take a pic.

All comments are welcome.

Wayne

DSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

Sorry, the Mossie room was locked up tight last night. I will see what I can find on the weekend.

BD

No problem, no rush, I have another Mossie that I want to build. This one is a MK VI and I want to do it up in Canadian markings.

again thanks

Wayne

Starting to mask for the dark green. Photocopied the pattern that Tamiya gives you, then cut it out.

All comments are welcome.

Wayne

DSCF2109.jpg

Edited by Quiddy

Bottom painted. I used Aircraft Interior Black then did panel lines with engine gray and the did a all over mist of the black with the engine gray to fade the black a bit.

The flash exaggerates the gray.

Wayne

DSCF2112.jpg

Edited by Quiddy

Looking real good, Quiddy!.

I finally got into the Mossie room on the weekend. Unfortunately, the cockpit is gutted and all the parts stored on shelves for later re-build. Not much help, sorry.

BD

Looking real good, Quiddy!.

I finally got into the Mossie room on the weekend. Unfortunately, the cockpit is gutted and all the parts stored on shelves for later re-build. Not much help, sorry.

BD

Thanks for the try.

The decals are going on now.

Wayne