MiG-29G Luftwaffe

Hello all!!

I'm going to start building a Luftwaffe MiG-29UB, or -29GT, as I'm planning to build it on 3-tone gray camo used by them during their last years in Germany.

My doubt is regarding the interior colors. Cockpit, wheel wells and landing gears basically. Did Luftwaffe keep the original russian colors for these areas or they were changed when the aircraft were repainted?

Thanks for the help!

:cheers:

Serelle

Edited by Serelle

Hello all!!

I'm going to start building a Luftwaffe MiG-29UB, or -29GT, as I'm planning to build it on 3-tone gray camo used by them during their last years in Germany.

My doubt is regarding the interior colors. Cockpit, wheel wells and landing gears basically. Did Luftwaffe keep the original russian colors for these areas or they were changed when the aircraft were repainted?

Thanks for the help!

:cheers:

Serelle

Hi Serelle', I also have the same jet, may I suggest Google's site with the exact names your looking for and Airliners.com as well.I have Begemot 48-012, Mig-29UB cockpit set from Pacific Coast Models, the decal set I got on Ebay. Wheels and Landing gear from Eduard Store. The Begemot set gives a few options you might consider on line. Good luck. B)

Tonal

Edited by tonal

Thanks for your comments Tonal, but I'm going to use Italeri's MiG-29UB in 1/72 with some changes and corrections to better reproduce the final MiG-29GT from Luftwaffe. I've got AirDoc decals for these.

I'm asking about the colors because I've seem many pictures on the internet, but pictures may be very tricky sometimes, depending of the light conditions and so on. I'd like a confirmation about these interior colors and not only trust on my eyes!

Thanks!

Serelle

cockpit was not repainted, so it's light-grey

check this: http://www.gaf-sammler.de/bilder/mig29/*****/mig29-cock5.jpg

Edit: Just found out that this software here is high sophisticated... You must replace "*****" with "cockpit" without "pit", very funny....

Edited by Floggerman

Thanks Arnaud, nice pics!

Seems that wheel wells were repainted, but they kept landing gear with the original colors. Can you confirm?

Thanks a lot.

I had the pleasure of working on the German Mig-29's and took a whole lot of pictures if you are interested?

Let me know.

Serelle

That gaf-sammler site has a link to fabulousfulcrums with some more good pix.

I've got the Revell 1:32 along with a bunch of PE and resin that I had intended to build into a Polish Fulcrum , but it's just not my scale.

If anybody is interested in the Revell kit along with the other bits, PM me...

I recently got the 1:48 Eduard kit along with some CAM decals to build exactly the bird I want.

Edited by David N Lombard
  • 1 month later...

Ive seen pics of the Luftwaffe Migs with the same color as the factory painted wheel wells..... Im sure you may come across airframes that have been repainted, since Im sure routine overhauls may require reapplication of coatings..... Im sure the luftwaffe has their own coatings specified by their own engineers.... but it seems unlikely that they would strip them and repaint them upon reciept

Ive seen pics of the Luftwaffe Migs with the same color as the factory painted wheel wells..... Im sure you may come across airframes that have been repainted, since Im sure routine overhauls may require reapplication of coatings..... Im sure the luftwaffe has their own coatings specified by their own engineers.... but it seems unlikely that they would strip them and repaint them upon reciept

If the original color your referring to is the underside dark ghost gray then yes they were repainted very crudely at least the 6 ( 2 two seaters and 4 single seaters) I had the pleasure (?) to work on did.......

Edited by Ol Crew Dog