What does your Screen Name & Sig. Pic mean?

This thread might be a bit fun and it may be a bust, but I was wondering about the origins of many of your screen names. Some are pretty obvious, but many are not and I'm just dying to know how Guy came up with "geedubelyer", assuming he'll participate and share.

OK, I'll go first.

"chuck540z3". Chuck is my first name, obviously, but in order to make a common name like this one unique for other internet forums and username requirements, I created this name 14 years ago when I had both a BMW 540 and Z3 and I used to participate in BMW forums. I still drive the 540 and my wife drives the Z3 and although the cars are ancient now and almost worthless, they run like new and I still love driving both of them. Thankfully my current passion has changed from cars to modeling because it's a LOT cheaper! :thumbsup:

Edit: Also, please share why you picked your particular sig pic., if any.

For my sig pic, one of my favorite actors of all time was the late Canadian, John Candy. Every time I see "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", I still laugh from the beginning to end, even though I've seen the movie about 20 times. My other favorite is "Uncle Buck", from which this pic was taken, partly because it sort of ties into my love of modifying all my builds with all sorts of tools. In the movie, Uncle Buck is about to do some surgery on his niece's new boyfriend "Bug", with a power drill. :lol:

Edited by chuck540z3

This thread might be a bit fun and it may be a bust, but I was wondering about the origins of many of your screen names. Some are pretty obvious, but many are not and I'm just dying to know how Guy came up with "geedubelyer", assuming he'll participate and share.

OK, I'll go first.

"chuck540z3". Chuck is my first name, obviously, but in order to make a common name like this one unique for other internet forums and username requirements, I created this name 14 years ago when I had both a BMW 540 and Z3 and I used to participate in BMW forums. I still drive the 540 and my wife drives the Z3 and although the cars are ancient now, they run like new and I still love driving both of them. Thankfully my current passion has changed from cars to modeling because it's a LOT cheaper! :thumbsup:

Nice rides! Mine isn't very exciting. I had a different one before but changed it to keep a common username on the other model forums I frequent. Basically, I like Aero chocolate bars and the Arrow. Can someone from the US tell me if the Aero chocolate bar is available in the US? I know that Old Dutch potato chips, Mr.Big chocolate and Earmore bars aren't.

Good to see some other than myself who really likes the late John Candy and his Planes, Train and Automobiles movie. I especially like the scene when he and Steve Martin drive between those two big rigs - John Candy as the devil and then both of them as skeletons.

Edited by aerofan

Never heard of an aero chocolate bar sorry.

Well I've been using this screen name in one form or the other since the dawn of the Internet. AOL and AIM and chat and whatever. Basically when I was growing up I'd watch David letterman and they used to give away cans of Big A s s Ham. Always thought it was hilarious and have used this name ever since. May not be the most professional but I have a sense of humor.

I would give a fortune for one of those cans they used on the show.

OK, I'll go first.

"chuck540z3". Chuck is my first name, obviously, but in order to make a common name like this one unique for other internet forums and username requirements, I created this name 14 years ago when I had both a BMW 540 and Z3 and I used to participate in BMW forums. I still drive the 540 and my wife drives the Z3 and although the cars are ancient now and almost worthless, they run like new and I still love driving both of them. Thankfully my current passion has changed from cars to modeling because it's a LOT cheaper! :thumbsup:

First initial, last name. My current play toy is a 95 M3. I instruct at the track with the local BMW club chapter.

Steve

Mine was actully given to me by one of my Chief Master Sargent in the 403/507th CLSS (Combat Logistics Support Squadron the ABDR team). The whole name back then was "Major Thomas Solinski" or the real short one "Sir". The troops ususaly called me "Major Tom". One day during a very long exercise Chief "P" just smashed the first and last name together MajorTomSki.

Edited by majortomski

Mine is latin base for new but also in great part or the movie

almost forgot the pic is cuz im a Software programmer .. hence the geek typing animation

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

I'm sure people are dying to decode the origins of my screen name!

I'll have a go 'myna meism att' -hmmm is it German?

Oh well too hard.......

Mine was going to just be 'Flyboy' but when I signed in it was taken so I had to make it unique. So based on my tiny pic I added the F-18, since the pic is a self portrait while back seating in a Hornet!!

The nickname came from some Y2K work I was doing for our national police force, when I joined the group the boss was called 'Flyboy' because he had been in the Air Force. The group was made up of civilian and RCMP members of The 'Force'. Once they got to know me they discovered I had been a Nav in the Air Force, and the boss was an admin officer, so they called me 'Flyboy' as well! I use it in several ways as a screen name.

Mine is fairly simple, I'm a welder by trade and my nick name around the shop is rusty. I earned the nickname when i discovered i seep rust out of my pores when i use airasol sunscreen. My pic is just a pic of my weld hood.

Nice rides! Mine isn't very exciting. I had a different one before but changed it to keep a common username on the other model forums I frequent. Basically, I like Aero chocolate bars and the Arrow. Can someone for the US tell me if the Aero chocolate bar is available in the US? I know that Old Dutch potato chips, Mr.Big chocolate and Earmore bars aren't.

Yes sir I get 'em at my local grocerey all the time. I miss my British sweeties, NOw if only somewhere aropund me would start stocking crunchies!

vvac201 is the call sign from one of the F-14's back in the tower simulator back in air traffic control school. It's pronounced "Navy Alpha Charlie two zero one". As for the tater, there is no reason! lol

Mine stems from my days of RC car racing in high school/college. I would usually put a licence plate decal on the body with the letters 2qwik4u. After that I just started using it as screen names on all the other forums I belong to. The picture is from a Rally race that I go to every year, and is one of my favorite pictures that I have taken there.

-Dave