What does your Screen Name & Sig. Pic mean?

Simple one here, DRHORNII are my initials, David R Horn II, not Doctor Horny! Not saying I am totally innocent though....SWMBO hates it when I sign cards or other stuff by using "The Hornys"

At first, I had just ALF as a screen name on ARC, but I lost the password and was too lazy to try and recover it. Created a new identity with ALF, and appended 18. Remember the old 80s TV show, ALF, otherwise known as the Alien Life Form, or Gordon Shumway to his friends?

I gained the nickname ALF while on the CF-5 course in Cold Lake, 1985. Somebody thought I looked like ALF, and acted like him as well. It stuck. The 18 and the avatar come from my all-time favourite jet to fly - the CF-18 Hornet!

This thread has been funny and informative - great idea to start it. And for the record, I don't believe the story that Dr. Hornii concocted about his name... :whistle:

ALF

This Airframe Technician had the honour of sitting in the left seat of the Snowbird #3 Tutor for the airshow seasons of 1990 and 1991.

Best job that will ever have in my life.

Cheers, Tony

PS avatar is me sitting in a 7/8ths replica SE5a that I gained 40 flying hours in. Then dad sold it.

My screen name consists of my first name and the first three letters of my surname. It's not my invention though as some of my relatives have been calling me that for ages.

As for the photo, it's a badge from one of the Su-24s serving with the 4th TsBP i PLS at the Lipetsk AB. I don't believe in star signs but since I'm also Taurus (bull), it seemed to suit me fine, especially as I like the plane in question - I like Soviet designs in general - and the charging bull looked very effective to my eyes. The text means "always".

The red and blue stripes below refer to Martini racing, a rally maniac as I am. :)

TomcatFanatic123, well because my favorite plane of all time is the F-14 Tomcat, and the "123" part, honestly, I don't know where that came from...LOL. Right now, I don't have an avatar, but I'll be dragging out the Laker logo avatar here soon as the NBA Playoffs are about to start, and I've been a die hard, bleed purple and gold Laker fan since I was about 5 years old.

Tate is my real name.

My sig pic is from the Battle of Britain scene from the movie Peal Harbor. The movie was suckage, but this 5 second clip in animated gif form looks pretty neato.

FM-Whip = "cat whisker" antennas on nose of older UH-1s/CH-47s, or under the tailbooms of later OH-6s. Avatar is DUI (unit crest) of the 227th Aviation Battalion, in which I served.

"RADAR CONTACT" is what air traffic controllers using radars (my MOS) say upon identifying an aircraft seeking radar vectors.

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)

Edited by FM-Whip

OK, I'll go. Otis252. My father retired as a USMC 3 war vet., from VMGR-252. Their call sign was OTIS, Squadron VMGR-252, hence Otis252. Just a little nod to my old man.

Chuck

From my name Rick Peck ,rpeck.

Avatar is the patch of the 346 FS 350 FG.

Have a real patch that was worn on the chest of A2 jacket given to me .Will never sell that.The pilot had it made after something happened to the origanal.

As for the phrase under my post.My first job my boss had this in her office.She let me copy it and I have it in my bedrooms ever since.

That was 25 + years ago and still the same paper.

Some years ago I did something wrong somewhere(don't remember what it was - something minor though) and my response was well, I only have 37 active braincells. I rather liked that and have used it to this day. For some reason I couldn't use that as my login, but braincells37 worked. Using it to this day. A few years ago I had a catscan during my cancer treatment and upon leaving the test I told the technician that that I hoped she found at least 37 active braincells and her response was that yes, you do have 37 braincells. Someone in the waiting room commented "Oh you poor dear - I hope you find them all". After we left the waiting room both Jill and I had a terrific laugh.

The avatar? Changes on a semi regular basis. I s'pose it's time to do that again

KiowaFixer, it's what I do for a living now, avionics technician for a civilian contractor fixing OH-58D Kiowa Warriors for the U.S. Army. Learned my trade active duty in the U.S. Navy doing the same type work on F-14 Tomcats.

My avatar is my daily driver to that job, my 2012 Challenger, love that car. :thumbsup: But I switch that photo from time to time.

KiowaFixer

Edited by kiowafixer

MadmanRick, the second part is obvious, Rick is my nickname, short for Richard. The "madman" part comes from the monicker I was given by an instructor while I was in jump school. I volunteered to be the first one out the door, so the instructor said "I guess we'll let the madman go first!" It stuck, so 20 years ago when I was looking for a handle to use on Prodigy, MadmanRick it was and remains.

I am a life-long Tigers fan, hence the avatar.

Edited by madmanrick

I live in a retirement home here in East Texas and I pass my time fiddling with models on an old card table, best my old hands, and poor eye sight will allow. I don't have much contact with the outside world other than this. One of the nurses here told me her son was on here, and they gave me this lap computer. Anyway, I won't go too much into it, but Sebastian Haff is the name of an Elvis impersonator that I had a strange encounter with once back in the 1970's, and for many reasons, I kind of took his name. They all think I'm a crazy old man here, and I guess I am, but I enjoy the fellowship I find here and I thank you. Thank you very much.

Well, Sebastian,

"Crazy" is just a term for those who have more personality and creative imagination than lessor society can handle...

Your writing and grammar skills are refreshingly excellent and you're an enjoyable read, so keep on typin' and modelin' to your heart's content. What do you like to model?

OK, Chuck, I'll play.

I worked in the IT field for the last 15 or so years. During the Y2K turmoil, we had a baffling network issue and I was the one who solved the problem. Our director at the time made the comment, "Well, aren't you the big daddy of the team?" Everyone else thought that was hilarious coz I was also the "senior" member of the group, age-wise. So it stuck. I use it on all the guitar and car forums I belong to as well. Interestingly, I was a huge Big Daddy Roth fan when I was a kid and built several "Ratfink" models. Ain't life funny that way?

My avatar is the badge/logo of the Canadian Historical Aircraft Association, or CH2A, based here in Windsor, where we are restoring Lancaster FM212 to airworthy condition.

Cheers,

BD

• 4 weeks later...

Cool idea Chuck, and informative responses guys.

hello.gif

After I returned to model building after my short 40 year vacation, I was told that as the new guy on forums, I would have to start out with the "low man on the pole job", which of course was........

the, Prop Duster doh.gif

Then came the local air show, so where was I?

why dusting the props as shown on the avatar---sorta

I live in a retirement home here in East Texas and I pass my time fiddling with models on an old card table, best my old hands, and poor eye sight will allow. I don't have much contact with the outside world other than this. One of the nurses here told me her son was on here, and they gave me this lap computer. Anyway, I won't go too much into it, but Sebastian Haff is the name of an Elvis impersonator that I had a strange encounter with once back in the 1970's, and for many reasons, I kind of took his name. They all think I'm a crazy old man here, and I guess I am, but I enjoy the fellowship I find here and I thank you. Thank you very much.

probably one of my all time fav movies,do you still get about with the zimmer ...lol cheers jetboy

I have no idea what Crazy Snap Captain is. I just heard it once from a friend and when I joined a forum a while ago "Andrew" and many other variations were taken. I gave up and put CSC instead. Used it everywhere since. My pic is Butcher from the comic book "The Boys".

Well its fairly simple, Matt is my name, surname begins with a C.

The sig picture represents my ancestry of Romany Gypsy, Irish, French and a bit of English.

Well I was a tank commander and platoon Sergeant in the National Guard. So I stuck with it and use it in most other forums I belong to as well. The avitar I like to use but can't here is Oddball from "Kelly'e Heros" my favorite tank commander. Crewed 5 different tanks and commanded 3 of them. Love aircraft as well but when it came time to enlist I picked a tank, its the only vehicle an EM can command.

Death before dismount means we don't like to walk. "Allons" is the motto of the 11th ACR my first Unit.

TC

Edited by Tankcommander

Name and first letter of surname - fairly self-evident I hope.

The avatar pic is Framlingham (aka Parham) airfield as it is today, one-time home to the 390th BG of the Mighty Eighth.