What does your Screen Name & Sig. Pic mean?

I usually go by "P-47fan", and of course the meaning is obvious. My photo is the old Eastern Air Lines logo. I worked with EAL from 1957 to 1991 when they went down. The red Duckhawk emblem was in vogue for the first 5 years of my employment. Hal Sr

Horrido: Taken from the book by that title regarding the German Luftwaffe, and, supposedly, the German day fighter equivalent of calling "Tally-Ho!" once the opposition was sighted. It was originally intended as a password for an account in college, but I reversed the password and user ID, so I was permanently listed as "Horrido" in the school's account, and just went with it from there.

The signature line has taken on a double meaning. Originally, it came to me at a martial arts class during a knife fighting lesson where the instructor casually advised,"Just pretend you're painting your opponent in red..." The true origins being said, I couldn't help but associate it every time I bungled a carving attempt in resin or styrene.

The image is a cougar, which is my alma mater's mascot. I just liked the pose, attitude, and colors of the image. Been debating about changing it, but haven't been able to justify it as yet.

The tagline beneath the image is generally an allusion to what I'm doing. Originally, it was "Chief Subversive," which was in regards to causing issues with the local student government (I have few issues with authority, I have MAJOR issues when authority is inept, incompetent, and pointlessly intrusive and overbearing). After that it was "Viticultural attache" when I was working in the wine industry monitoring vineyards for insects, weeds, pathogens, and proper management practices. Since my son was born, it's now "Mr. Mom" as my wife edged me out on the income and benefits so I get to stay home and tend the nest.

Yes sir I get 'em at my local grocerey all the time. I miss my British sweeties, NOw if only somewhere aropund me would start stocking crunchies!

Other Americans don't know what their missing. Are you talking about Cadbury Crunch chocolate bars? All this talk about chocolate bars makes me want to go out and get one which is what I'll do!

I'm sure people are dying to decode the origins of my screen name!

laugh.gif

I figure it's obvious, Matt, but what the hell is your SIG PIC?????

I figure, mine's obvious. I tend to, like Animal of the Muppets, be a bit bonkers and off-the-wall. Also, I'm the resident model-slacker here on ARC Forums. Last model I completed was 1/144th scale and back in 2005. :( Need to get to the model bench, but real-life keeps interfering. My eyesight is starting to go...so I'm going to probably end up having to switch to 1/32. :(

Favorite all time hockey player, Joey Kocur, his position and his number.

RW26, Hey, probably not happy with the fact that Joey Kocur was with the Canucks from 1995-96 season. :D

Edited by The_Animal

Name: Old Blind Dog, describes a middle-aged extremely near-sighted dude who enjoys his creature comforts.

Why this particular avatar? Becuase Racquel Welch is one of the most beautiful women who ever lived--

And belive me, you'd much rather look at a picture of her than one of me! :wacko:

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Mine is from when my wife and I first started dating. She started calling me her nerdling lol. It just kind of stuck. As for my avatar photo. Well that is a photo of me with the tail of a crashed A-6 Intruder here in Oregon. It is one of my other hobbies called wreckchasing.

My screen name references the first jet that I checked out on... the MD-80. It is a derogatory nick name given the jet by pilots and its tendencies to slide on slippery runways.

My avatar is my label for my home brew beer.

Edited by skidbuggy

Charlie Cheetah is a shortened version of a nickname a fellow car modeling buddy gave me on account of loving aircraft and cats, the full nickname was "Flying Charlie Cheetah". He said it reminded him of a codename a character might have used in an old sci-fi movie. As fpr the avatar, I like to change them up once in a while to suit my mood at the time. I thought this one was kinda funny.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Well my nickname in the military was "Boomer" because my first shop chief couldn't pronounce my last name, so at my first roll call my boss came to my name, tried a few atempts and then said "Boomer" and it stuck. As with most nick names it got shortened to "Boom" and the second part was after my unit, the 175th TFG and then later on I crewed A-10A/C 79-0175

So there for Boom175, the avatar is from squadron prints when they did our squadron.

It's a family name, but not my name. I used to use it when I wrote a newsletter column. When the interweb came along, it did too.

And that down on the bottom is my favrorite.

Ken

I have been on the forum SO long I got to pick the name of my favorite plane.

It was that or "Ex Army medic", or "Hey you!!!!", maybe "big bald and ugly" could have been "Wanda".

Figure "phantom" was the best way to go.

Mine is pretty easy helo dud…wanted to fly helicopters as an warrant officer in the 42nd (Rainbow)Div. in the National Guard. Oh well :unsure: The world needs ditch diggers.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Edited by Helo_Dud

My doctors actually gave me my name. I have been through so many surgeries he sat on the side of my bed and said " your like Iron Man" and it stuck. Not to mention all the metal in my body. And I'm like Charlie I change my avator to meet my needs.

Best Wishes

Roy

Mine is easy for those that remember 80's TV. The avatar is the emblem for Airwolf and the name is from the show as well. Michial Coldsmith Briggs III the man responsable for heading the development of Airwolf was also known by the name "Archangel" during the shows run.

http://images.wikia.com/airwolf/images/e/ec/Alex-cord-as-michael-coldsmith-briggs-iii-in-airwolf.jpg

Mumbles, because I'm not known as the most verbose guy in the room :)

The pic is a bit of an in-joke. "The Hutt" is the Hutt Valley in New Zealand, where I grew up and still live. It has a low-class rough and tough reputation around the rest of the country (usually passed on by people who have never been or lived there). So after years of defending it, I just decided to play it up instead. I use it on a local forum, and at an airshow recently a couple of guys actually recognised me from the pic, which was fun.

TOPGUN, well, because it was the movie that got me interested in aviation and, consequently, in scale modeling. I mean, I've always had a fascination with flying but TOP GUN got me interested in the military aspects of it.

Rob

AX 365 was the fuselage code of the Sabre my uncle was flying when he was killed near Grostenquin, France in June 1953. "AX" were the letters assigned to 421 Squadron, RCAF. 365 were the 'last three' of the Sabre's serial number, 19365. The sig picture is the 421 'Red Indian' Squadron crest.

There you have it.