What does your Screen Name & Sig. Pic mean?

MaxHeadroom came about as the result of an incident in my more youthful and reckless days. I was out drinking with some co-workers and in a slightly inebriated state I ran face first into a sign at the entrance to a parking garage that said something like Max. Headroom 5' 8". As I expressed my opinion of why that sign was in the wrong place, I started stuttering. Some of my friends said I sounded just like him. (Max Headroom from the tv show)

One of my co-workers girlfriends had never heard of the show and once it was explained to her she kept calling me Max Headroom. Monday morning it was all over my office.

ARC was one of the first forums I signed up for and after reading the other neat ARC ID's here, I remembered this one.

The sig pic is self explanatory.

For me Obviously Flight of the Intruder is my Favorite movie. Hence the Devilleader501. I used to uses Devil505 but my accounts got hacked and I had to change. The Avatar is because the EA-6B is my Favorite aircraft in the sky and right behind it is you guessed it the A-6E Intruder. The picture depicts the fun and witty personality I have.

My last name is Trueblood, and I was in the 988th MP Company when it used to be at Ft Benning in the early to mid 90's. I used to have airborne wings as my avatar, but I lost the it somehow.

My signature is based on the fact that I grew up a Coast Guard brat. I have always loved the bright aircraft that they fly. My grandafther crewed an HU-16 "Goat, my stepfather crewed the HH-3F Pelicans and worked the radios and the hoist bfore moving over to the C-130 and working on all of the avionics, and my uncle cerwed the Falcon.

Edited by Tblood988

It's just a combination of my last name and my wife's last name, translated from Dutch.

My avatar is a painting from Rene Magritte, a Belgian surrealist painter. I always liked his work. When our politicians were forming the current government, they got themselves a place in the Guinness Book of Records, by taking 514 days to do it. About halfway that farce, I decided to change my avatar to reflect the surreal nature of the country I live in :D

Well Chuck, it's an interesting question, for me it was the gaming world in 2000, with Homeworld 1 & 2, so i use one avatars the one you see, ColdspyderSLS (space lords syndicate) my screen name and Tonal which is what my kids called me as a horn man. Tonal is to Tony which is my name to keep things simple. The only other Forum I'm a member of is Relic for the gamers out there. B) By the way, if your interested in what the game looks like, try YouTube.

Tonal

Edited by tonal

Forgot to add my avatar picture is the patch of the 817th bomb squadron 483rd bomb group which my grandfather was a waist gunner on B-17s. The message underneath is what's written on the 483rd patch translated from Latin I believe.

Mine comes from when I was working in New Orleans for 2 years and did some TDY work with the Louisana Air Guard. The week before I signed on to the board I was lead ship in the second element of a 4 ship and my in flight call sign was Cajun (LA Air Guard call) Two (second element) One (lead). It stuck when I needed to put in a screen name. My avitar used to be the last aircraft I flew in Dessert Shield / Storm. But when they chaged the set up I never got a independent photo library, ie. photobucket or such. The name under the avitar was the call sign on my last mission in Viet Nam.

:cheers:

Itch

Edited by Cajun21

I don't have a clue, but it hard not to stare at it, eh?

Yeah, no kidding. :wacko:

Its whatever, he started and ended his career with the Mighty(not at the moment)Red Wings:)

Well, we 'Nuck fans miss Igor. :(

Edited by The_Animal

Ok, well, my screen name comes from a character that a close friend of mine wrote in some of her stories. It was based (very losely) on me. The pic is the Star of Life because i'm in EMS. And the pic in my signature line is the 65th Anniversary F-16C of the 149th FW.

My screen name is basically a play on my last name. When I was growing up, our house was on the Trans Canada Highway, and became not unlike a hotel or B&B, as there were many folks "just passing through" that my parents invited to stay the night and have a hot meal and a shower. The house kind of became known as "The Smithery".

As for my sig pic, no real reason......I just find it humourous, but has been known to change from time to time, if I think of it, and if I feel like it.

Oh well I'll play......#1 cuz I'm da leader of my family unit Grey cuz that's the majority color of the hair I've got left; wolf well that's in honor my wife's maiden name origin and the flag in my sig is to honor a part of my ancestral heritage. It's the flag of the Comanche nation. The Avatar is from one of my more favored squadrons to fly the Tomcat, VF-114 "Aardvarks" "I love a little zot in the morning". For you youngun's that is a character from a syndicated comic strip B.C. by Johnny Hart.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I've gone from using my name to a name given to me by a fellow ARCer to what I use now... First two letters of my first name and first three letters of my last name. Guys at work call me zipper or coach, Zipper because I got 10 staples on my head from whacking it on a 767 (FIN 604 'The Gimli Glider') nose Gear Door Edge while I was doing a walk around. Bled like a SOB. They call me Coach also as I and my Crew usually do the Final Evaluation of guys becoming Leads at work.

No reason for the pics.... changes according to my mood.

Mine is pretty simple Xavier is my name (it's pronouced Ha-vee-air and not like the dude from X-men) so its shorted to xavi(Ha-vee). The 84 is for the year I was born (pretty original huh?) and it's also for my favorite squadron VF-84.

My avatar is the logo for my favorite band Jawbreaker.

I'm just dying to know how Guy came up with "geedubelyer",

Hi Chuck, fun thread ^_^

The movie industry lost a great when John Candy passed. Loved his pictures.

Nothing earth shattering about my user name I'm afraid. I wanted to use geedubya but it was taken so I tried something close. It's just my initials, GW.

In hindsight perhaps I should have gone with geedubelyew as that's how it sounds when I say them.

The avatar (Avatar,...get it..... :woot.gif: .... :doh: ) is pretty obvious and represents a character in my current favourite movie (which displaced BladeRunner after nearly thirty years).

Cheers.

:cheers:

The screen name is a merge of the two nicknames I've earned in aviation, Tailspin (first name Tommy*, doing and teaching aerobatics) and Turtle (1-26 glider contests). The picture is me and my mother in the cockpit of a VS-21 S2F at NAS Sangley Point, Philippine Islands, in 1956 or thereabouts.

*If Tailspin Tommy seems at least a little familiar, it was the name of a comic book hero in the late 1920s through the early 1940s. The actor John Trent, who had been a TWA line pilot before being "discovered", played Tailspin Tommy in four movies. When the war broke out, he applied to Douglas to be a test pilot using his real name, La Verne Browne. He retired as the chief pilot of the El Segundo flight test.

The username is a loose translation of my family name, the avatar is the graphical rendition of said username. Actually the hammers are martels, i.e. medieval weapons, rather than hammers i.e. working tools.

Edited by Bonehammer73

Well, AVGBob breaks down into AVG and Bob, my name. The American Volunteer Group otherwise know as "The Flying Tigers" are hero's of mine. I have always been inspired by this group because of the fact the put themselves in harms way to defend a part of the world against Japanese imperialism that most had only seen on a map. To me, another amazing aspect of their courage comes from the fact that the made incredibly fantastic use of outdated p-40's :wub: (which in my opinion, is one of the most beautifully ugly planes of all time) flying against some of the most technically advanced combat planes of the time. The claims to victory may have been grossly exaggerated, but none the less, they provided a crucial defense in the CBI theater. Watching the John Wayne movie as a young airplane junkie may have also had a part in my infatuation. With squad names like the first pursuit group, pandas, and hell's angles, how can you go wrong?

I even have the Disney artist designed flying tiger emblem tattooed on my right upper side of my back and is also my signature at the bottom of my posts.

The avatar is kind of a cross between the AVG and my second love of my childhood, comic books. The pic is of the Marvel comic book villain "Flying Tiger". I just felt like it fit. I'm 30 and I was a big fan of the Avengers and Captain America. I discovered him In the early 90's. Below are some of the comics he appeared in.

Spider-Woman #40 (October 1981). The character subsequently appears in Spider-Woman #50 (June 1983), Iron Man #177 (December 1983), Fantastic Four #335 (December 1989), Avengers Spotlight #29 (February 1990), Captain America #411 (January 1993), #413 (March 1993), Thunderbolts #3 (June 1997), #18-20 (September-November 1998), #22 (January 1999), #24-25 (March-April 1999), and Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1 (January 2008).

So that pretty much sums it up, P-40's, John Wayne, and Marvel Comics. America at its finest.

My screen name is a combination of my past and the website I own/operate: MidwaySailor.com

My avatar is the logo from the squadron I was in from 1989 ~ 1992: VAQ-136 Gauntlets flying EA-6B Prowlers from NAF Atsugi, Japan and aboard USS Midway, CV-41 and USS Independence, CV-62.

My signature is my website banner, along with a quote taken from real-life experience.