1/48 Academy SU-27

Very cool. Great job on a tough camo scheme. And nice treatment on the engines. I like it!

Thank you Andy. This is a really neat site, I knew it existed because I will use it for reference from time to time, but did not know the scale of this site, its amazing!!

Excellent build and finish - love the engine nacelles. :worship:

I know we are not supposed to critique on this forum - but may I make just one observation???

The model is of a Su-27SKM demonstrator Flanker - and the IRST should be offset to starboard and an IFR probe fitted to port.

Nonetheless - it's a great model. :thumbsup:

Ken

Excellent build and finish - love the engine nacelles. :worship:

I know we are not supposed to critique on this forum - but may I make just one observation???

The model is of a Su-27SKM demonstrator Flanker - and the IRST should be offset to starboard and an IFR probe fitted to port.

Nonetheless - it's a great model. :thumbsup:

Ken

Thank you Ken, She was built 5 years ago, for a client in Greece.

Beautiful paint job! What method did you use (i.e. freehand, stencil, bluetac)?

Thank you Andrew. I just used a bunch of Tamiya tape and some pin striping that is used on rc planes, its very flexible but does not work to well on flat finishes, it tends to pull up the finish. I now use silly puddy,or blue tack for the contours. I'm still looking for a flexible tape that will stretch and stick to contours.

That's one Flanker that anybody would be proud to have on their shelf...if they can find the space for it, that is! Excellent work! :)

Thank you ChippyWho. I only have on model in my collection, its a truck I built for my brother,all the rest are all strung out around the world,so I'm not worried about space.

That is a gorgeous paint scheme and a job well done. It's just like the arctic F-16CN Aggressor camo :thumbsup: Welcome to ARC ... Wisco8 does it stand for Wisconsin?

/Jesse

Thank you Jesse, yes its Wisconsin.

F A N T A S T I C !!!! great "paint job" and metal exhausts. :salute:

Thank you zark, I hope this time I thank the right person, still learning how the site works so forgive me if this reply goes in someone elses page.

Oh, wow! That's utterly fabulous!

Can I ask who make the decals you've used? I've never felt the urge to make an Su-27 before...until I saw this work of art!

Well done!

Andy

Hi Andy, Most of them are from the kit and the rest were custom made by a friend that has an ALPS printer.

Oh, wow! That's utterly fabulous!

Can I ask who make the decals you've used? I've never felt the urge to make an Su-27 before...until I saw this work of art!

Well done!

Andy

Hi Andy, Most of them are from the kit and the rest were custom made by a friend that has an ALPS printer.