build for fun,..... maybe for my restart with modelling....

Hi.

WoW, Stunning work !!!

I see you are using the CMK resin set's (right ?) If so please let me (us) know how well the detail and fit is please.

I have the same kit with a Cutting Edge cockpit set, but was always wondering about the CMK detail set.

Allan

This isn't a knock on Honza's work, but why are all the rivets okay on this build but not by a manufacturer? If Trumpeter or Hobby Boss had released a kit with all those rivets (and they have), they would have been burned at the stake (and they have). Just wondering out loud.

This isn't a knock on Honza's work, but why are all the rivets okay on this build but not by a manufacturer? If Trumpeter or Hobby Boss had released a kit with all those rivets (and they have), they would have been burned at the stake (and they have). Just wondering out loud.

If I may, a couple of observations I have made concerning Honza's past work:

1) He's not done yet. When he is and you still think that there's too many rivets, then you may have a point. After his usual weathering and delicate painting, the rivets usually blend in and almost disappear. Further coats of paint, Future and dull coat will do that.

2) His rivets are about 1/2 the size of Trumpeter rivets.

Let's see where this build ends up. OK, Honza, the pressure is on! :D

Thanks for comments guys!

Darren, I do the same rivets (with same tool) last two years and finaly I am very satisfied with them. (no problems with wash, like on "trumpeters and HB" rivets, which are bigger but shallow.

Please wait with final result, when be skyray done.

Chuck, thank you :-)

I agree with chuck. Trumpeter's look like potholes. Honza's are just nice. Some modelers over-do the rivets but...judging from his past models...Honza pulls it off beautifully. I like the fact that he takes artistic license and creates the rivets. Even if the manufacturer doesn't put them there, Honza makes it look like they belong there. :D

And it's always a treat to see modelers adding in extra stuff ( be it extra rivets, modifying, rescribing, or scratchbuilding). It shows the potential for a standard model to become a head-turner.

So glad you're back Honza. Your builds are very enjoyable to watch. I am going through a major modeler's block right now, and builds like yours ease the pain. Very excited to see what's next with this one. Post many pictures please :)