G'Day all! I've been wanting to build this Red Arrows Hawk for the longest time! This will be my 2nd entrant for this GB. Considering how slow I build, plus all the work travel coming up, I really doubt I can finish this, BUT... I'm gonna make an attempt anyway!

BTW, apologies to Jay. Not trying to compete with you, mate.

IMG_3591.jpg

'Later! :cheers:

Managed to put in a few hours of bench time on this subject this weekend. I forgot that this kit is one of those "easy build" ones (Skill Level 1). Still... the plastic quality is pretty darned good.

IMG_4693.jpg

As expected, the cockpit is pretty barren, but it doesn't really worry me, since it's gonna be closed canopy with pilot figures anyway.

I'll build this one as another in-flight bird. But, rather than using my signature mini-tripod, I'd be using Italeri Display Stand.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to update this thread. I'll try to upload more pics when I'm back from my business trip.

I've got a separate WIP thread outside of the GB HERE

Edited by Mike C
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been pecking away at this for some time, but have not really got the chance to take too many pics...

As at today, I've sprayed a layer of Gunze Aqueous "Red Madder".

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

• 2 months later...