Shuttle Wars: Monogram vs Revell, Part 10

Glad you are enjoying the videos, Rene'. I think working the shuttles through each construction phase one by one probably makes it a little easier to follow. I started out with the Monogram tank and boosters because once those were done, I could turn to building up the shuttles somewhat side by side as they proceed through each construction phase. Once the body of the Monogram kit is complete, we will turn to the Revell kit and do the same, then do a little shape, feature and detail comparison before moving on to painting, decaling, etc.

I am hopeful that this video series will at least provide aspiring shuttle builders the "virtual" experience of building one and discovering and working through the pitfalls before they build their own.

Nice video.

And yes, i have already some pictures in my head, about the troubles the payload doors will make on my own build.

There are some things, i have discovered with this kit.

The size, it is huge. And this is creating it's own problems, warping due to the sheer size and somewhat also the fact that the molds are from the 70's which makes the quality and fitting a bit... Off!

But it's a kit that you will be struggeling with, and it's not for beginners to get a relative good result from a "straight out of the box build".

Guess that would end in some faul language etc.

I already have taken my own build a step off your build, as i have ordered Evergreen tubing to replicate the engine bells in the Forward reaction control system module, more or less like on k2pete's cutaway.

And my SSME are ordered from Fishers. That's some really really nice stuff, those resin parts.

I somehow also went crazy on my nosecone for the SRB's, and they are not finished yet.

I have so much work to do, that i now only lack spare time, of from my every day job, to come home to my shuttle... Now not been home in +2 weeks.

So i will enjoy your work so long.

Rene'