Hi all... I've just started a new project as part of the Colourful Aerobatics Plane GB.

I picked this up from LuckyModel as part of their special offer for only $5 quite some time ago.

IMG_3591.jpg

I will be building this plane in-flight. However, rather than using my signature mini-tripod, I'll be mounting this little bird (and it is LITTLE!) on Italeri Display Stand. The main reason is because of the small size of the plane, putting a domed nut inside the fuselage for the mini-tripod will be problematic.

This kit is one of those "easy to build" ones (Skill Level 1), just one step up from "Snap-Tite". Despite this, I find the surface details to be excellent.

Here's where things are at right now:

IMG_4693.jpg

'Later! :cheers:

Edited by Mike C

I built one of these a few years ago before I started taking my time with them, nice little model and does go together easily! I completely messed up the decals though, the white arrow on the underside is quie hard to get on without it tearing!

Look forward to seeing the finished result!

I wanted to order this but decided to get the T1 MK51 and an italeri Hawk 100. Will be painting both black. A project to start in 2 weeks time when I m on a long break.

I built it for my son's cradle mobile, it's a nice kit but you'll need some filler doh.

I'm sure it will need filler. I've never seen any models that can be built without filler. :)

Made a very nice progress today. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised considering how simple this kit is. :woot.gif:

20120505_165936.jpg

20120505_165955.jpg

Edited by Mike C

Forgot to upload the pic of the cockpit. Pretty darned basic....

IMG_4696.jpg

Also spray painted the pilots with Gunze Aqueous H86 (Red Madder).

IMG_4695.jpg

My wife laughed when she saw these pilot figures, with their heads stuck in Blu Tack! :rofl:

Edited by Mike C
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been pecking away at this for some time, but have not really got the chance to take too many pics...

As at today, I've sprayed a layer of Gunze Aqueous "Red Madder".

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

Edited by Mike C
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit upset right now. The right-hand white strip under the cockpit was somehow screwed up. :crying2: I'm currently trying to spray paint that (minus the coat of arms).

Edited by Mike C

Mike I have spare decals, I am building mine in the earlier scheme using the Matchbox kit decals sheet. I you want another stripe let me know and I can send it to you.

AWESOME!!! I'll PM you my address.

• 1 month later...