Anyone gotta a really big icetray??

Well, even if the new ship doesn't sink, the endeavor might end up becoming a money pit all the same. Regardless of if the guy says it will be a replica, it will not be the same as some of the methods used to construct the old girl haven't been used in a LONG time (and can a Chinese shipyard even build to those old specs?). Secondly, for the number of passengers it would need to carry, I don't see ticket sales for trips on it being sustainable as the cruise ships of today cram a CRAPLOAD of stuff into them to get the cruise prices down. There are only so many people out there who would want to sail on a Titanic and could afford such prices (and they won't do it all the time). So, the fact that the report says that they don't know what the cost of the project would be I find a bit interesting.

Well, when you've got that much money, what else are you going to do with it??? I'd be on the maiden voyage though if I could afford it... you know.. just in case Kate Winslet is on-board.

On a side note, this is funny...

Edited by RiderFan

I recall the Turkish gajillionaire was going to build a replica Titanic as a Mediterranean cruise ship back when Cameron's movie was first out, and that came to nothing. I'd hazard a guess this too is more vapourware than reality.

Alvis 3.1

Edited by Alvis 3.1

Clive Palmer's latest 'look at me'

"God himself could not sink this ship - he couldn't" - maybe Clive would have made a better "Cal" Hockley in the movie ?