Watch Squadron's Shipping

Placed a small order of four Mask sets yesterday because i recieved an email about getting an extra 15% off over the weekednd. I was going to get six sets but that bumped my shipping way up and took me from $4.95 to $ 9.95. Remember I was only buying canopy masks made by Eduard. With the extra discount my order came in under $20 for the four sets and shipping showed at $4.95 and I have the printout also.

This morning I recieved a notce from Squadron saying my order was recived but the shipping was $9.95. I called them to see what was up and was told that the shipping was calculated befor the discount. I explaind that my oringinale order reciept is showing $4.95 and that I would have ordered more if they didn't charge so much to ship mask sets that easily came in under a half a pound. Without hesitation I was refunded the $5 difference on the shipping.

Wonder how many others they banged on the shipping.

Due to the new shipping changes at Squadron, I rarely place an order anymore. They rate it at the original item value as you found out. They also rarely fill a backorder of a super discounted item. And there is a shipping fee added to each backordered item as it comes in-that can get pricey! And I would now have to spend over $150.00 to reach the free rate.

Hell with all that, if they do another 50% Black Friday sale. I will take another 500 dollar order!

-Jim

p.s.: Though they have some very questionable practices that other dealers dont....shame cause I also would buy more without the sale.

Edited by Liberator24

Half the stuff that I put in my cart during that Black Friday sale turned out to be out of stock when they sent me the confirmation that the order was received. Wondering if I will still get all my items when the order finally ships.

Whats up with the Eduard canopy masks anyway? Was looking for some 1/48 A-10 & Phantom masks and they are hard to come by.

I've gotten to where I don't order very much from Squadron anymore. I usually only order the clearance kits that are way cheap. I also go for the book sales and decal sales they do from time to time. Most of my stuff comes from Spruebrothers now

$4.95 for items that could be shipped USPS for under $2....yup!!..those are some questionable shipping practices. Sounds like that ol' blanket routine; if the item is between $0 and $X it's gonna cost a pre-set amount no matter the size. Like others I'll protest with my dollars I won't order from them. It would be better if you have a friend in the D-FW area and they buy it for ya, then mail it at a lower cost.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Don't forget you're not just paying shipping but also for somebody's time to do so. Operating a business isn't cheap.

$4.95 for items that could be shipped USPS for under $2....yup!!..those are some questionable shipping practices. Sounds like that ol' blanket routine; if the item is between $0 and $X it's gonna cost a pre-set amount no matter the size. Like others I'll protest with my dollars I won't order from them. It would be better if you have a friend in the D-FW area and they buy it for ya, then mail it at a lower cost.

I quit ordering from Sqadron years ago when they screwed up my order and when I needed to re order was going to be banged with another $10 shipping. It ain't worth it. They still owe me around 8 bucks. Gary AKA Still PO'ed