KC-135 Illinois ANG

Great work on the decals. I would love to pick up a set. If you wanted to throw some decals for the GA ang JSTARs E-8c on that sheet I would pick up a couple of those. I have hi res walk around pics from the air show at Warner robins. I know it's a long shot but worth a try

Mark

E-3s and E-8s are also on my list. Nobody's ever done any E-3 decals for standard USAF birds. I've got about 2000 photos of them from every unit (with an amazing variety of markings). The E-8 is kind of a different kettle of fish, as it's an aftermarket conversion, but we'll see...

J

E-3s and E-8s are also on my list. Nobody's ever done any E-3 decals for standard USAF birds. I've got about 2000 photos of them from every unit (with an amazing variety of markings). The E-8 is kind of a different kettle of fish, as it's an aftermarket conversion, but we'll see...

J

Jennings:

You must have not seen the Wolfpak sheet no. 72-046 which has a standard E-3 from Kadena on the sheet. Additionally on sheet 72-018 which is out of stock at the moment I did one of the developmental E-8's that flew in Desert Storm. If you are looking for decals for the E-6 they were on sheet 72-027 which is also sold out.

Mark

Wolfpak Decals

Edited by Mark S.

stand by! Fündekals will be coming to your rescue before long

Will you be doing full colour stencils for the early aluminium/ADC Grey schemes at all ?

Haydn.

If you wanted to throw some decals for the GA ang JSTARs E-8c on that sheet

Take a look at our web site (www.fundekals.com). We're doing single subject sheets in order to keep costs as low as possible. We're not asking you to spend $20 or more for a decal with 15 airplanes, of which you're going to build one. :)

J

Comments? Like? No like? Other suggestions?

Like! As much as an E-6 conversion would be cool, I think the market is kinda limited since the conversion's kinda hard to come by these days. I can see how your business model fills a niche with the single subject sheets though! I know my buddy would dig the Wisconsin marking for sure.

Take a look at our web site (www.fundekals.com). We're doing single subject sheets in order to keep costs as low as possible. We're not asking you to spend $20 or more for a decal with 15 airplanes, of which you're going to build one. :)

J

Sounds like a good concept for doing decals. If you ever decide to do the E-8 I can send you the pics I have. There really isn't that much on the net, there is one site but the pics are pretty old. It would mostly be tail art and a few small decals and stencils. Most of the decals for the AWACs kit could be used unless they put out the money for the old 707 kit.

Mark

Folks, I need more feedback if these are going to become decals. I'm not willing to risk printing them if there's not really interest in them. The artwork is done, but I'm looking to know if people are really interested. Also potentially ready with a "Square D" airplane from the 100th ARW at Mildenhall..

Tks!

J

I hear ya Dave, stay healthy. You back to working on that F-4 yet?

F-4's are waaaaay on the backburner for right now,the F-4E for lack of decals I need for the jet I want to build,the C might get pulled out of storage and worked on some time in the near future(also,I sold alot of my stash to pay for medical bills).I am working on a project that I have wanted to to do for nearly 30+ years and finally have the items I need for it,I have the motivation and even some help from the son with a few items on it,I'll post it when it's done finally in the next couple of months.

Thanks for the feedback gang. Here are a couple of more candidates. Not sure each and every one will show up immediately, but the artwork is done, so all are potentials.

Nebraska ANG with a NORAD anniversary badge (and a backward ANG emblem!):

63-7991.jpg

And a Reserve bird out of Grissom with some local color...

60-0359.jpg

Edited by Jennings

Folks, I need more feedback if these are going to become decals. I'm not willing to risk printing them if there's not really interest in them. The artwork is done, but I'm looking to know if people are really interested. Also potentially ready with a "Square D" airplane from the 100th ARW at Mildenhall..

Tks!

J

Hi Jennings,

From my end I'd be super interested in the Illinois and Wisconsin sheets. While I live in Indiana I'm not sure if I'll do the Grissom one, as the Illini one is more because it'd be fun to do that as my wife is a Illini fan, and I know my buddy would love to do his -135 in Wisconsin markings.

Edited by Supertom
  • 2 weeks later...

Years and years of patient practice ;) I'd love to do this if I can get better pics. Any nose art on the Illinois birds?

Hi Jennings, I found a few pictures of 58-0023 on planepictures.net - it does not appear that this bird has nose art. I did take a look at the Italeri decal sheet and it does not have a decal for that little panel that sits just to the right of the crew entry hatch. Definitely not a outline shape of Illinois. The "IL ANG" and "126 ARW" text on the wings of the refuelling prope are orange italics and white surround, but it looks like you got that taken care of.

http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?srch=58-0023&srng=2&stype=reg

Edited by Supertom
Any nose art on the Illinois birds?

Their old E-models from a couple years ago had some wonderful artwork.

And let us not forget their neighbors to the east in Ohio..

You know this is the old tailflash, right?