Here's the latest from the workbench at Alby's Scale Modelwerx, a 1/72 Italeri OH-6A Cayuse in the color and markings for s/n #68-17365 'The Enforcer', C troop, 16th Calvary, Can Tho RVN 1972. This Loach was piloted by Cpt. Rod Willis and actually survived long enough to carry three names during the Vietnam conflict('Electric Olive II, 'The Enforcer', and 'Dark Death'). A fair amount of work was done on the interior, plus I added the extra antennas and a few exterior bits found on late war OH-6's. Here is the build log for my Loach for more info and photos- Loach build on Facebook.

100_2128.jpg

100_2122.jpg

100_2124.jpg

100_2123.jpg

100_2125.jpg

100_2126.jpg

100_2127.jpg

I had to make some compromises in detail due to lack of references or skill to pull off some major scratchbuilding, like the main rotorhead (clunky and not very realistic at all), but I am happy for the most part. All comments/critiques welcomed, and thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Alby

Thanks Old Man and Matt! It was Hugh's book that inspired me to build this model. It is a fantastic book, made me tired on many days from staying up too late the night before, because I didn't want to put the book down. :lol:

Cheers,

Alby

Very nice work, Sir.

That cannot be more than three inches long; is it?

Hi Old Man-

Almost four inches as a matter of fact. :lol: Either way, my eyeballs still hurt. I think a 1/35 Huey is in order now.

Alby,

SUPERB and A STUNNER as always..

Good job. :worship::worship:

HOLMES :wave:

Thanks Holmes! :salute:

Cheers,

Alby