Gold Medal 1/428 Arizona PE

Anyone used this with the Revell kit? How is the fit? Good I imagine but thought I would ask. Just wanted to make sure before I dropped $35.00 bucks on the sheet. That's at modelshipbuilding.com, anywhere else have a better deal? If not, they will be fine, shipping is only a few bucks.

Chris

I've never used that particular set, but I've never had a problem with any of the GMM sets I have used. Beautifully etched and always a perfect fit.

It's hard to find the GMM stuff at anything less then retail, $35 is not a bad price.

The only drawback (and it's also an advantage depending on how many/few thumbs you have on each fist) of GMM PE sets is that they are thinner and more fragile than some others. It can make handling more difficult but if well done, it makes the final product much nicer.

I don't have the Arizona set but I do have several others.

Thank guys. I bought a GMM set and it arrived today (5/12). Was only 13 bucks shipped from an ebayer. Might try to find a deal on some brass barrels but at 39-42 we'll see. Going to start this kit in July.

Edited by kg4kpg

Nice Andrew. Well, I just decided to put the Revell kit and PE up for sale as I had to go by the LHS and got a special coupon so I used it for a Hobby Boss 1/350 Arizona, which is what I originally wanted. $20 bucks after discount. Score!

Ooooh, that's nice. $50 bucks but if my Revell kit sells I may go ahead. I can get the Toms Modelworks set for $20 and a barrel set for $20 but at least the GMM set has the gun tubs. Decisions decisions...