CD48016 - JASDF/JMSDF UH-60J

My latest 1/48 sheet provides markings for Japanese Air Self Defense Force/Japanese Marine Self Defense Force UH-60J Rescue Hawks. These very colorful rescue helicopters played a crucial role in the recent disaster that hit Japan.

This decal sheet was part of a collaboration: Wolfpack Design will release a resin 1/48 UH-60J conversion set in June. The conversion set and these decals should be in the market at around the same time.

The options on the sheet are:

* JMSDF UH-60J no. 8962, Tateyama. Sports a "Chin up, Tateyama!" slogan on the external fuel tank, painted during tsunami relief operations.

* JMSDF UH-60J no. 8974, Kanoya.

* JASDF UH-60J no. 48-4560, Hamamatsu Rescue Squadron. Features the 50th anniversary badge of the Air Rescue Wing.

* JASDF UH-60J no. 58-4562, Chitose Rescue Squadron.

* JASDF UH-60J no. 78-4585, Nyutabaru Rescue Squadron.

More info and decal sheet layouts coming this weekend. I expect this sheet to be available for sale in mid-June. With most of the print batch already spoken for and slated for Japanese distribution; there will only be a limited number of these available.

A 1/72 version will be released at the same time: Hasegawa and Fujimi both make UH-60J kits in 1/72 scale.

cd48016promo.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Excellent!!! Will these be available in your website?

Of course-as I mentioned, this is something that I am primarily doing for the Japanese market, but it will be available on my Web site as well as other retailers who carry my products.

Hi Kursad

Well it looks like I will be buying yet another sheet from you. Is there any way to reserve a copy? Maybe pre-order? I have a few of your other sheets to pick up too.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kursad, very nice choice of subject. There is nothing that covers these in 48 or larger scale. Have you thought about the UH-60J with Dragon on its side? I believe its the 40th Anniversary bird.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2012/reviews/decals/p7hg_img_13/fullsize/1_fs.jpg

Edited by Youngtiger1

Kursad, very nice choice of subject. There is nothing that covers these in 48 or larger scale. Have you thought about the UH-60J with Dragon on its side? I believe its the 40th Anniversary bird.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2012/reviews/decals/p7hg_img_13/fullsize/1_fs.jpg

There are some excellent anniversary schemes on Japanese UH-60Js, but I don't have enough references on them, or they have cartoon/manga characters on them which require licensing.

I can't wait to release this sheet. It's ready to go, but it has to wait for the conversion set to be finished. The combination of the set and these decals would be worth the wait.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Update: as far as I know, the Wolfpack conversion kit is still not ready. My guess is Gustav is busy with his upcoming injection-molded T -38 kit. I will go ahead and release this sheet in 1/72 first in April, and release the 1/48 sheet in early summer.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I don't have any updates. The 1/72 sheet is still in the queue; but the 1/48 version is basically not going to happen without a complete conversion kit in the market.

Sorry, I don't have any updates. The 1/72 sheet is still in the queue; but the 1/48 version is basically not going to happen without a complete conversion kit in the market.

http://cobracompany.com/48007.htm I'm sure you know this one ...?

At your place, I would release at least the 72 version of this sheet asap until the UH-60J SP boxing (https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10167787) from Hasegawa disappears again from the market. This one is the most comprehensive kit of a UH-60J with an extra sprue for all recent added items on the a/c and therefore the best starting point. As usual - this one is "limited edition".

At your place, I would release at least the 72 version of this sheet asap until the UH-60J SP boxing (https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10167787) from Hasegawa disappears again from the market. This one is the most comprehensive kit of a UH-60J with an extra sprue for all recent added items on the a/c and therefore the best starting point. As usual - this one is "limited edition".

There's always the Fujimi kit for the JMSDF as well as the yellow/white JASDF birds. It's the blue UH-60J that's the problem because of the little thingies ( flares?) or whatever that needs to be attached to the sides of the blue birds.

I'm personally looking forward to the "Chin up, Tateyama!" bird. Will go well together with my "Ganbarou Tohoku!" Mitsubishi F-2B :thumbsup:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10171052

• 2 weeks later...

There's always the Fujimi kit for the JMSDF as well as the yellow/white JASDF birds. It's the blue UH-60J that's the problem because of the little thingies ( flares?) or whatever that needs to be attached to the sides of the blue birds.

[...]

You're right JackMan. Of course one could also built a decent model of an UH-60J out of the Fujimi kit but there are some massive shape Issues in the windshield and crew door section with this kit. The Hasegawa kit has its flaws as well, but looks certainly better to me.

• 3 months later...

Hi Kursad!I realize that these decals are not a high priority when it comes to your 1/72 plans, but I hope you will still plan on releasing these in the future. I have not seen the JMSDF UH-60J decals mentioned recently in your 1/72 plans for the next few months. I would love to be able to model a few of these very colorful rescue helicopters!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:/>

• 4 months later...

Any chance we're still going to see the UH-60J decals in 1/48??

This project was/is dependent on the Wolfpack conversion kit, which is yet to materialize. To complicate things further, my Japanese distributor has gone out of business, so distribution in Japan is still iffy. I want to put this artwork to use in one way or another, so I will release a 1/72 sheet at some point. But a 1/48 sheet will have to wait for a kit or a comprehensive conversion kit.