A-26A (B-26K) Counter Invader photos needed

I need to head back down to Fort Worth & see if i can get photos but I want to try posting here before I burn the fuel driving 4+ hours to see if I can even get them.

Plan is to start on my 1/48 Counter Invader some day soon. I have a CD maintenance manual but I want colors and good photo documentation to make the build accurate. Building the kit to represent what they looked like around 1968.

• 1 month later...

Several years ago one of the French modeling magazines did a 2-3 issue spread on an A-26K diorama from the Viet Nam era that was really great - if you aren't familiar with the article I might be able to obtain a scan of the many pages and send by email - also might be able to help with some general photos of the bird in various phases and locations - I have been putting parts and pieces together for a number of years to do a detailed model and hope there is some truth to the rumors that possibly someone is going to do a 1/32, but if not the 1/48 will have to do. Would be interested in talking with anyone that is interested in doing a very detailed model in the hopes of sharing thoughts or ideas.

Jerry

You probably already know about this link, but IPMS Roscoe Turner has a nice walk around with cockpit photos of the AF Museum B-26K. In any case, it may be helpful.

clicky

I found this one helpful as well.

clicky

cheers

I got all the ref photos I needed last month when I visited "Special K" in Fort Worth. Thanks for the replies....

David,

Are you going to post any of the images? Not much in the rear compartment. What we need is someone to cast some of those incendiary cluster bombs "funny bombs".

Don