Australian Army M113 (Vietnam)

Hi everyone

I recently finished this one. It's Academy's 1/35 M113IA (Vietnam) kit.

This vehicle was part of a three vehicle troop called 'BLOOD', 'SWEAT' '& TEARS' which were part of A Squadron, 3rd Cavalry Regiment, Royal Australian Armoured Corps.

It was equipped with a T50 steel turret and a .50 calibre M2 Browning heavy machine gun. A pintle mounted .30 calibre L3A4 Browning medium machine gun is also fitted to the turret top.

It was airbrushed with acrylics and weathered with pastel chalks. I also used a few bits and pieces from 'Mouse House' (decals, sponson armour, replacement rear cargo hatch etc) and the figures were from 'Firestorm'.

It's the first time I have built and painted figures and I'm still not sure if I am 100% happy with them. Constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement welcome as always.

Thanks for looking

Greg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

8-2.jpg

6-6.jpg

10-2.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

4-7.jpg

Greg

Looks like a lot of your sweat and hard work has gone into this one ..It is SPLENDID.. :jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping:

SUPERB weathering and it is quite a STUNNING model..

KUDOS.. :worship::worship::worship:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 month later...

Great job! One small comment - would the hatch interior surfaces have been seafoam green? All the -113's I ever saw had the hatch interior the same green color as the overall exterior finish.

Maybe the Aussie's did it differently, I'm no expert. Regardless, it's a fantastic model.

John

Thanks John

Yes - most of the Aussie M113A1 family of vehicles had their interiors painted "Seafoam Green". Ours also had 25mm of foam glued to the inside of the crew compartment roof and had a more comprehensive air filter system on the cargo hatch (replacing the basic mushroom ventilator behind the cargo hatch).

We seem to have always had slight modifications made to our military vehicles, which means lots of research, scratch-building and $$ on conversion kits (where available) when trying to build an Aussie machine!

Cheers

Greg

Edited by Mossy