20 members have voted

1. 1. Camo for a What-if EF-111K in RAF service.

• Wraparound Green and Grey
    • Green and Grey over Light Aircraft Grey
    • Hemp over Light Aircraft Grey
    • Desert Pink

With the demise of the TSR.2 the British Government planned on buying the F-111, I am planning a What-if of an EF-111 in RAF Service. Here in lies a few questions with regards to this idea...

Serials?

Camouflage? (See Poll)

Weapons Load? (if any)

Edited by Jcarr162000

Something like this one (reposted from the What-If thread)?

I can't recall if I've posted this or not (apologies if I have). Merlin E.2 of 192 Squadron. In the 1980s the RAF got six of its Merlin GR.1s modified in the EF-111 program into E.2s, and this is what they looked like when deployed to the Gulf for the first little tiff over there in 1991...

192SqdnMerlinE2.jpg

Wrap-around grey and green - classic! :thumbsup:

My thoughts as well. Also like the ALARM missile idea posted above.

This is among my list of potential whiff projects as well. I also thought an F-111B in Royal Navy colors would be cool.

Well thanks go out to everyone as my Merlin FGR.2 has begun. I am building it in wraparound green/grey with an asymmetric wild weasel layout. A generic LGB, 2 AGM-88 1 AIM-9J Skyshadow ECM pod and a fuel tank

I think that like the USAF, the EF-111Ks would have been too rare and valuable to risk using the HARMs, but it would sure look cool. They would probably have been paired with Tornados, Buccaneers or even FGR-2s. Would like to see the latter modified with LES and even wired for TISEOs.

Sorry, just my two cents worth.

Best wishes,

Grant

Well thanks go out to everyone as my Merlin FGR.2 has begun. I am building it in wraparound green/grey with an asymmetric wild weasel layout. A generic LGB, 2 AGM-88 1 AIM-9J Skyshadow ECM pod and a fuel tank