B-29 "Fu-Kemal"

Has anyone ever done decals for the B-29 "Fu-Kemal" or "Fu-Kemal-Tu" ? Sorry if this sounds obscene (it is), it is just the aircraft's name.

031%20FU-KEMAL%20B-29.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Has anyone ever done decals for the B-29 "Fu-Kemal" or "Fu-Kemal-Tu" ? Sorry if this sounds obscene (it is), it is just the aircraft's name.

031%20FU-KEMAL%20B-29.jpg

It is was a real aircraft. I've seen a photo or two of it, just can't remember where. I'll dig through my B-29 refs tonight. I don't think anyone has done decals for it.- - Would be fun, if for nothing else, the shock value.

Cheers, Terry

It is was a real aircraft. I've seen a photo or two of it, just can't remember where. I'll dig through my B-29 refs tonight. I don't think anyone has done decals for it.- - Would be fun, if for nothing else, the shock value.

Cheers, Terry

You mean like the pic on here?

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/usa/aircraft/bomber/boeing-b-29-superfortress-bomber-nose-art.asp

(4 down and 3 over)

Edited by Skyraider Maniac

I know it's a real aircraft; I have seen many photos of it and attached one to my post. I was hoping that someone would have done decals for it, but it looks like I will have to design a custom set for my project.

676th Bomb Sqdn. 444th Bomb Group. First one was B-29-10-BW 42-6352. Second one (Tu) was B-29-45-BW 42-24720.

Both are profiled and discussed in the Oprey Combat Aircraft #33, B-29 Superfortress Unites of World War 2. Tu is a bit more colorful than one, but either would indeed be interesting subjects due to the interesting names.

I'm instantly reminded of Apocalypse Now's Colonel Kurtz:

"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write '****' on their airplanes because it's obscene."

:)

Regards,

Andre

I have wanted to do "Fu-Kemal Tu" for a while. Been hoping the decals would be released by someone in 72nd scale. If I ever get the urge strong enough I have a friend with an Alps printer who has done some other projects for me in the past.

...maybe a nice project for Caracal?... Maybe a nice sheet with both fu-kemal and fu-kemal-tu? Just a thought :thumbsup:

I don't think it would sell enough to justify its cost, but who knows.

I don't think it would sell enough to justify its cost, but who knows.

Well I'd buy a set if they were produced. Not very many decal options for the B-29 are out there really.