Hasegawa F-15C Eagle

... the Indefinite DS GB goes on. Next up, I will be using the Hasegawa F-15A kit to build a F-15C. Will be using some Aires sets, Wolfpack resin, and TwoMikes intakes. Decals will be a combination of kit decals and Repliscale sheet.

the starting point:

2m5fakw.jpg

I will build it in the markings of 85-0114, the plane that Cesar Rodriguez flew and was credited with downing two Iraqi aircraft. Load out will be 3 fuel tanks, 4 AIM-7 Sparrows, and either 4 Sidewinders or 2 Sidewinders and 2 AIM-120 Amraam.

end goal:

85-0114_3.jpg

If you want to be accurate, you should research the DS loadouts.Have fun with your project!

I have. I'm not sure what you're getting at. If you're referring to the AMRAAM, the AIM-120 (which was brand new then) was rushed into the Gulf Theatre for operational use with the 58th TFS. They were carried later in the war but none were fired in combat. Here's a picture for example, notice the AIM-120 on the inboard wing station. Whether or not 85-0114 specifically carried AMRAAMs I do not know but there is a chance it may have.

AIM-7M_F-15C.jpg

Edited by Benner

I have. I'm not sure what you're getting at. If you're referring to the AMRAAM, the AIM-120 (which was brand new then) was rushed into the Gulf Theatre for operational use with the 58th TFS. They were carried later in the war but none were fired in combat. Here's a picture for example, notice the AIM-120 on the inboard wing station. Whether or not 85-0114 specifically carried AMRAAMs I do not know but there is a chance it may have.

AIM-7M_F-15C.jpg

Yeah, I was referring to the AIM-120. Cool picture!

Nice start Ben!

reagrdin the photo you posted - it can be seen one of the tanks have pointy end while the other has a blunt end - were there different types?

Yup, two of the tanks are the standard ones. The other one with the blunt end is a War Reserve Material fuel tank.

AIM-7M_F-15C.jpg

You're off to a cracking start Ben...I'll be following this one closely and thanks for the pic...This is the way J. Boyd and his "Fighter Mafia" wanted the Eagle to look, "Not a pound for Air to ground"..well as has been proven certain folks in the 5 sided pandemonium palace will turn any thing into a ground pounder as long as it has power no matter what it takes or what others think. We all know the Eagle has power to spare.

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 1 month later...

I do not believe that the extra ECM bumps on the fuselage were on the DS Eagles. If you look at the pictures that you provided the airplane does not have any. Of course I am not an expert I. Just don't remember seeing any on the F-15 at the time.

I do not believe that the extra ECM bumps on the fuselage were on the DS Eagles. If you look at the pictures that you provided the airplane does not have any. Of course I am not an expert I. Just don't remember seeing any on the F-15 at the time.

I take it you mean the ECM bumps on the nose, they're there, even in the pics I posted. They're small and hard to see. The 58th TFS jets were MSIP and with the capability to carry/fire the AMRAAM. Here's a commonly seen picture of two of them during Desert Shield. Notice both aircraft are painted in wing markings/colors, all of their aircraft that were to participate in William Tell where painted this way and had the squadron badge painted over with another badge (also commerating William Tell meet I believe)

2hn9q9w.jpg

Edited by Benner

Looking Great Benner! If there's one thing that you can be sure of with Benner's builds is that any modifications he does to the kit to add lumps and bumps will be based upon good references.

• 4 weeks later...