Non standard Dewointine D-520 Camouflages

Non standard Dewointine D-520 Camouflages

For The first time I registered back in 2005 in this forum I post here… I hope, I can get some free time to return to my scale modelling hobby and to forum activities.

I’m looking for additional information on Non standard Dewointine D-520 Camouflages in French Air service.

The first question is regarding a profile shown in French magazine named “Aviation Française Magazine #04†published in Jun/Jul 2005 page 17.

It depicts a Dewointine in “green†shade on the upper surfaces and “light blue†shade on the lower surfaces in 1947…

Question: How accurate is this profile and is there any other photographic evidence of this camouflage, besides a low quality and partial close up photo on the same magazine on page 15?

Aviation_Francaise_Magazine_04%2520Jun_jul_05_.jpg

A single greenish-khaki colour overall called Khaki was common on postwar French aircraft. I haven't seen a photo of a D520 like that but my only question would be whether the Khaki was overall rather than just on the uppersurface.

I found this in the squadron/signal in action #180, French Fighters of World War II:

This unidentified D.520 is parked at an unknown French airfield soon after World War Two. The Dewoitine was painted with US colors: Olive Drab (FS34087) upper surface and Neutral Gray (FS36173) undersurfaces. The propeller blades were painted blue, white, and red, with a blue spinner. The spinning blades recreated the French roundel with the engine running (Biancotti)

The photo, a 1/4 port-side view, is consistent with your image modulo the propeller.