Review and Build for 1/72 Avro Arrow

Hi David

The Astra kit is fantastic! I wish I had one myself. If you're comfortable with the extra work of vacuformed kits, definitely the Astra kit is the better option.

thanks

David

David,

I have several of the CF-105 Astra kits.... tried PMing you but it says you do not accept messages.

Give me a ding.... we can work something out. I also have the CF-100 and CT-114 Astra kits. You need to borrow for sizing I can help you.

Edited for spelling......

:cheers:

Emil

Edited by Emvar

[edit] seems that my PM inbox was full which is why it was telling you I couldn't except messages. Sorry about that. I've cleared it out now.

Shoot me an email about the Astra kits.

Edited by RiderFan

From what I gather Astra is still in business but not making the CF-105/CF-100 or CT-114. But from what I gather on previous conversations they still retain the molds for these kits. Might be something for you to look into.

• 6 months later...

Interested in moving my old 1/72 or 2nd issue kits along and replace with the new tool. How do I distinguish the new as far as kit # for online ordering, and best (cheapest price) source as I am in the U.S.? Nice thread, I strive for the accuracy as well. Also wish to sweeten up the cpit as I want to display the open split canopy-very unique feature of the Arrow. Thanks.

Interested in moving my old 1/72 or 2nd issue kits along and replace with the new tool. How do I distinguish the new as far as kit # for online ordering, and best (cheapest price) source as I am in the U.S.? Nice thread, I strive for the accuracy as well. Also wish to sweeten up the cpit as I want to display the open split canopy-very unique feature of the Arrow. Thanks.

The kit you want is Hobbycraft #1393. It can be recognized, if you find it in a store, by a white-line CAD-style multi-view drawing of the airplane on a black background, with the words "New Tooling" in white on a red starburst "splash."

I, too, am in the US, but I ordered mine from a Canadian ebay vendor as despite an extensive Internet search I could not find anyone in the US that still has them in stock. It was more expensive, but the price included tracking/insurance with the shipping. I just checked, and that vendor no longer has any available. Here are some alternate sources:

http://www.hamiltonhobbyspecialties.com/hobbycraft-1-72-cf-105-arrow-fighter/

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_278_279&products_id=2926

I know of no aftermarket products available for this kit. A UK company called MasterCasters did a corrected resin nose and other parts for the older Hobbycraft kits (http://www.mastercasters.co.uk/4.html) but it is temporarily unavailable. However, even if you model the canopy open, you're not going to see much.

• 7 years later...

David,  Wow!  I just found this thread.  Boy am I ever going to use this information as I build Hobbycraft kit #2 and the Astra CF-105 kit.  Thanks for the amount of detail and comparison.  this is what makes ARC great!  Kind regards, Dutch